Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

No Power to Actuator

How do you know the actuator/blend door isn't working? Have you checked regrigerant, leaks, etc.? Mine was working. Try acuating (defrost/vent/etc.) while plugged into the power harness BEFORE putting that plastic arm back into the hole where it plugs into. DOES THE ARM MOVE when it's supposed...
  2. A

Dome/Map Light Replacement

Does anyone know how to and which wires to(red black and green) solder/connect to the LEd's? I'm thinkin that the black is common ground? So, how would I solder/connect each to the Led's? Positive to where etc.? Thank you in advance! AE
  3. A

No air blowing out of front vents, defrost, floor. Vacuum Reservoir(Plastic globe) is disconnected

A NEW PROBLEM...UGH..! WEll....I'm still running around WITHOUT any good solid air flow coming from my vents, floor nor defrost. In order to continue my diagnoses, I wanted to get more interior lighting in the cabin of this 2001 Ford EXPLODER. (Eddie Bauer 5.0L) by replacing the interior map...
  4. A

No air blowing out of front vents, defrost, floor. Vacuum Reservoir(Plastic globe) is disconnected

I haven't had the chance to get back yet. It's been raining everyday and I don't have the luxury of a garage right now. PLUS NOW MY HOOD LATCH IS NOT RELEASING! Ugh! Tried going through the grill but started raining again! Talk about testing my patients?? There's my 89' Bronco II awaiting an...
  5. A

Thank you Robert. Yes, I did install the new blower motor way back when. But I don't see how polarity could have possibly reversed. Was your's reversed? Although, I didn't "feel" any air coming into the cab straight in front of the blower motor wheel, I believe that the air blows to the side(as...
  6. A

How funny. I thought the SAME THING - That the blower motor had reversed polarity or I had placed the blower motor wheel on backwards or something, which is not possible. Reason being, underneath the dash on the passenger side I COULD SEE/and hear the blower motor/wheel running but COULD NOT...
  7. A

2001 Explorer 5.0 AWD Eddie Bauer w/Automatic EATC only blows air out in the rear cabin. The Blower motor, Blend door actuator and blend door are ok. We "FINALLY REPLACED MY HEATER CORE" w/only half-a-dozen or so extra screws left, lol!" NOW, I'm trying to figure out where to connect 1 - a...
  8. A

Air conditioner duct problem

Did you test all your vacuum lines, actuators and Door Vacuum Motors?
  9. A

Air conditioner duct problem

I'm having the same problem too! Blend door and actuator work. I believe it may be a vacuum issue on the "other" actuator(s)(ie. defrost/flr/etc.) Did you resolve the issue yet?
  10. A

Explorer Heater Core Shortcut / Finding the NW Passage

Ok. I will try your suggestions and post my results. Thanks for all ur help so far "tinkering!" BTW - It is a 2001 5.0L Eddie Bauer Explorer which I just finished replacing the blown subwoofer from the premium stock (MACH) stereo. Great Stereo BTW!
  11. A

I can see the white actuator I looked behind the glove box and saw, what looks like the white blend door actuator? Do you know how I can test to see if it works? I tried turning the controls on the EATC while the blower motor was going but couldn't really hear anything because of all the air...
  12. A

Good replacement Subwoofer

Do you think it will make a big different if I 1 - don't mount the rear of the aftermarket speaker to the enclosure since there is no place to screw in the rear mounting screw? 2 - use polyfill? There wasn't any there prior to the replacement. Thanks in advance! AE
  13. A

Blower Motor working, No air coming out anywhere. The original problem is that "Even though the Blower Motor is Running, no air is coming out of the vents OR defrost (I can't feel it there either) on ANY settings. So, correct me if I'm wrong but, the problem isn't necessarily the blend door. It...
  14. A

Cutting into Explorer under dash Oh well.. I figured it would be worth me cutting into the panel if I KNEW the Blend Door was bad. Also, would be AWESOME if I could change out the Heater Core in there as well! Thanks anyway! ae
  15. A

Pulling Explorer Heater core by cutting into dash panel Hi Tinkering! I am in the same predicament of having to change out my Heater Core and Blend Door on my 2001 5.0 Explorer (Eddie Bauer). Did you ever get a chance to see if it is possible? Thanks in advance! Art E. :)
Back