Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

What motors will work in my 2000 Ranger?

So, would the older block not have the cam position sensor where the distributor would normally go?
  2. R

Just located a 4.0 out of a 99 Explorer 2wd. Going to go get it this weekend.
  3. R

So even if everything would bolt up, I would have to use the computer from the '93 engine then? The blocks look damn near identical. I was planning on using the original 2000 intake and swap all the sensors on the block & heads.
  4. R

Thanks for your reply, but that's not really an answer to the question that I asked...
  5. R

For Sale 1999 Explorer 4.0L OHV Engine

Is your motor still up for grabs? Is the wiring harness and front accessories included? Also, In your photo and video it looks as if the a/c compressor has no belt? I couldn't see it anyhow. I would like more info if you have any to give. Also wondering how much it would cost to ship to...
  6. R

I have a 2000 Ranger, 4.0 OHV V6. Needs a new motor. I have located a motor from a 1993 Ranger that looks exactly the same as the motor that came out of my 2000. Would the '93 motor work in my 2000? If it won't work, what years/models should I look for while shopping around for a replacement...
  7. R

Wanted 2000 Ranger 4.0 OHV V-6

The price on having it shipped here would kill me!! But just out of curiosity, how much would you have to have out of it?
  8. R

Wanted 2000 Ranger 4.0 OHV V-6

Needing a motor for my wife's 2000 Ranger. 4.0 OHV V-6. I am located in Kansas City. Please contact me with prices and info. Thanks!
  9. R

Wanted Need 4.0 OHV V-6 Motor for a 2000 Ranger

I need a 4.0 OHV V-6 Motor for for my wife's 2000 Ranger. I am located in Kansas City. Please contact me with any info if you happen to have one for sale. Thanks.
  10. R

How many people own or have owned an Aerostar?

I replaced the steering rack on the one that has the 3.0 engine. It was alot easier being that it bolted to the front cross member instead of being inside it like on the 4WD model.
  11. R

How many people own or have owned an Aerostar?

I have 2 '93 Aerostars. One has the 4.0 liter motor with electronic 4X4 and the other is 2WD and has the 3.0 liter motor. Both are parked at my In-Laws - The 4.0 has not been drove for 5 years - Was parked due to needing a steering rack replacement. That is when I started driving the one that...
Back