Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

MFT Update

I am headed to the dealer next Tuesday for my upgrade. I hope I have the same experiences with 3.2.2 as drober30. I am sick and tired of the constant lack of responsiveness of the system currently.
  2. B

Battery Issues

I have a 2011 with 35k miles...Just had the third battery put in. The first 2 died. One at about 5k and the second at 35k. Bad batteries or problem in the electrical system? Who knows.
  3. B

What do you tow with your 5th gen. Explorer?

Nice Allison! What will she run?
  4. B

Tin Roof Rain noise.

I am in the same boat.
  5. B

Rear Bumper Protectors

I am looking for one in elephant skin. :-)
  6. B

MFT-Sirius is totally messed up

I have had that happen also. I just pulled the battery cable for about 5 minutes and that solved the problem.
  7. B

Sync Applink?

Is that considered false advertising?
  8. B

Tin Roof Rain noise.

Mine is going in this week (as soon as parts come in) for the headliner TSB, along with the valve body replacement for the transmission TSB and cooling fan replacement. Thanks to this thread I know to check out the interior with a fine tooth comb BEFORE taking delivery. Somehow the...
  9. B

Rubber IA Key case?

Not only do I have problems with accidentally setting off the panic, I have problems with it opening the hatch. There have been at least a dozen times I have come out of my house or office to find my hatch open to the world. Gives you sort of a sick-to-your-stomach feeling when I realize I had 2...
  10. B

MFT Update on Syncmyride

I will be willing to bet that there is an underlying hardware issue (or at least difference)with build dates before April '11. (Or maybe I am wrong, wouldn't be the first time)
  11. B

MFT Update on Syncmyride

I wonder if it has to do with hardware on some older build dates? Maybe a new APIM? (Although I doubt it)
  12. B

The New MyFord Touch Adding Photos

What vehicle is that video done in?
  13. B

Another video about the new MFT version.

I just ran across this. http://social.ford.com/our-articles/auto-show-coverage/2012-ces/preview-of-the-latest-myford-touch-upgrades-and-enhancements/
  14. B

Climate Settings With Remote Start

I had mine in the dealer this week for numerous problems including the heated seats not turning on. The response: “wait for SYNC update”. Actually that was the response to most of the issues listed on the ticket. How about I wait until the SYNC update to pay my note to Ford. I wonder if that...
  15. B

New MFT base code or rewrite of old?

This confirms my fears. Like w1kedz said, Flash (anything) is such a resource hog. Speaking of hog, I have a feeling this “update” is going to be like putting lipstick on a pig. I purchased this $40k+ vehicle and planned on keeping it 7-10 years. If the new version isn’t 10x better I’ll be...
  16. B

New MFT base code or rewrite of old?

Maybe I have overlooked something here...Does anyone (Rebecca ?) know if the new version of MFT coming in the 1st qtr of 2012 is going to be written on a completely new software platform or is it just a re-write of the old Flash based platform? Brent :us:
  17. B

TSB's

Does anyone have a current list of TSB's for the '11 Explorer? Thanks, Brent :us:
  18. B

Cargo light

I had the 3rd row light "stuck-on" issue with a stock bulb. To get it to go off and stay off, I had to have my 6-year old climb in the back and push the button on the light with the car running. Since then it only comes on with the other interior lights.
  19. B

Hood Lettering

How about the gold stick-on mailbox numbers/letters from Home Depot? ;)
  20. B

What my salesman said about MFT

If all of these dealers are willing to divulge this info...will someone please get it in writing! I’ll be a little less skeptic when I see ink on paper.
  21. B

2011 Ford Explorer woes.

I am having pretty much the same problems as "gfrjr". FYI w/ IPhone 4
  22. B

Trip in the ex: Detroit-Toronto and back

Can I ask how fast you drove? With/without cruise control? I am seeing a big difference in mileage between driving 65 and 75-80.
  23. B

No signatures and no deposit - sound fishy?

Same as what jedimike said. I did not sign anything or give them a deposit. They said if I were to back out they would have no trouble selling what I ordered.
  24. B

Key FOB cover

Too pricey...know of anything cheaper?
Back