Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Explorer 'A' pillar replacement

Driving at highway speeds, the driver A-pillar cover detached flew off from the '17 Sport with no warning, luckily did not hit heavy traffic behind me. Bought explorer new, never ran through car wash, always hand wash, never in an accident. Looks like the plastic tabs just gave due to the...
  2. N

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

I was told that warranty against corrosion is five years from purchase date
  3. N

Oh, I totally missed his question! Yeah, we don't need no stinking underhood stickers! LOL
  4. N

Yes, dealer ordered a new set of "EXPLORER" letters and sticked them to the hood.
  5. N

Two weeks ago had the hood replaced on the '17 sport due to substantial bubbling on the front lip by the lettering. Covered under warranty, showed up and got new hood installed, paint color is a great match, can't really tell the difference. My five year warrant is up this December so needed to...
  6. N

Looking for recommendations on LED fog lights for 20011 Explorer XLT

No, not yet, but haven't been actively looking either.
  7. N

Peter, so 2016+ models have 5 years for aluminum panel corrosion??? that means I should be covered under this warranty for the 2017? thanks!
  8. N

Couple weeks ago while washing the 2017 sport (purchased Dec 2017) I noticed considerable hood bubbling on the front hood lip, I kick myself for not noticing this while under warranty. Our 2011 XLT has way less hood bubbling but I think partially it's because it has spend more of it's life...
  9. N

Looking for recommendations on LED fog lights for 20011 Explorer XLT

Hello, Earlier in the year, based on recommendations from other forum members, I purchased a set of LED headlight bulbs and dropped into the 2011 explorer XLT OEM projector housing/lens (yes, I know, big no no) and they worked out great! My son can now clearly see at night while driving. I...
  10. N

LED Headlight Conversions

Just wanted to report back. Got these led bulbs, installed in the 2011 xlt and they work great! No issues being inside a projector lens, they are properly aimed, no incoming traffic flashing back at me and the high beams are AWESOME! I ended up reuseing the dust covers, just made a slit to...
  11. N

Cargo box clearance over moon roof

no way I would feel comfortable with that clearance...
  12. N

Is my 2nd key definitely NOT original Ford? (and how I enabled remote start (2013 Explorer XLT)

I don't know how to check that. I do know that we bought the 2011 new, never did any remote start modifications, only had to do what I described above in order to enable the remote on the vehicle. EDIT: yes, you need the hood switch to be able to enable the factory RS found the link...
  13. N

yes, lot of them on ebay, lots of trash ones as well. thanks
  14. N

Is my 2nd key definitely NOT original Ford? (and how I enabled remote start (2013 Explorer XLT)

Little know secret is that some explorers have the built in remote start in the vehicle, just hasn't been activated: On the 2011 ford xlt, I bought a ford key with remote function, had it cut for free. and then paid the dealer like ~$50 to enable the remote start on the vehicle, works perfect...
  15. N

Looking to upgrade the stock head lights on the 2011 XLT non-HID. After reading several threads/pages of years of LED trial and error from other forum members, is there a proven LED replacement bulb? OR, what is the best halogen bulb I can install into the 2011? Looking for white light, don't...
  16. N

2016 / 19 Explorer Roof Racks - Totally Different

I assume you are referring to the cross bars, I have not tried to swap them but: The 2011 roof rails are a "C" channel/profile at the cross bars glide through the opening of the "C". Roof Cross Bars - Ford (BB5Z-7855100-AA) | OEM Ford Parts The 2017 roof rails are a "D" profile/boxed, you...
  17. N

2016 / 19 Explorer Roof Racks - Totally Different

the roof rails and crossbars are totally different between our 2011 vs. our 2017, not interchangeable. The 2011 roof rails are a lot more functional/robust and are open rails meaning you can tied stuff onto your roof. on the 2017, not so much, not that I would want anyway with the panoramic...
  18. N

2014 FWD Explorer - Rear Wheels Spinning

I think that is her subtle way of telling you time to get her an AWD! :D
  19. N

Treadwear Issue with Ventus S1 Noble 2 Hankooks

^^^update: Dealer installed four new Michelin defenders, mounting balancing, alignment:$1100, hankook covered $720 and Michelin has a $70 rebate, so my final cost will be $310 can’t complain. Dealer was great as they did the claim and paperwork all themselves, even filed for my $70 rebate
  20. N

A/C Rear Line Leak

The AC leak on our 2011 was it this exact area. I cut back off some of the heat protective shielding but could not pinpoint exact location of hole, so decided to block of the Rear AC instead
  21. N

A/C Rear Line Leak

I'm going this route: 2013 Explorer AC Block Off Kit Dealer is willing to install if I purchase and they will charge me ~$160 for system evacuation & refill, untop of the ~$150 I had to pay for diagnostics...all in not bad, much better than the $1800 originally quote. Don't really care that...
  22. N

Treadwear Issue with Ventus S1 Noble 2 Hankooks

at 21,000 miles on the 2017 the hankooks (or should I say handj...'s?) are almost worn out... The dealer said they will make a claim to the manufacturer and that we can pick any tire of our choice.
  23. N

High pitched interior noise. Constant

my wife's 2017 has this exact high frequency noise! I'll pull fuse 56 to confirm.
  24. N

AC not blowing cold

heard back from the dealer: "Here's where we are @ on the Explorer... There is no freon in the system. We added dye to the system and traced the leak down to the lines that run to the back for the rear climate control. These lines are almost the length of the entire vehicle. The cradle has to...
  25. N

A/C Rear Line Leak

I posted in a separate thread about our AC not working on the 2011 XLT, heard back from the dealer: "Here's where we are @ on the Explorer... There is no freon in the system. We added dye to the system and traced the leak down to the lines that run to the back for the rear climate control...
Back