Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2011 Explorer turning radius

It's better than my 2010 Chevy Cobalt. The salesman had me do a u-turn on my test drive just to show off the radius. I actually look forward to u-turns. Sorry I don't have numbers right now.
  2. S

What's your status?

It's at the dealer. 3 months! I know it's not a record, but it's still long enough to make it anti-climactic. Not sure I can get the loan process completed to pick up tonight. We'll see if the dealer has a better interest rate than our bank.
  3. S

Ford's MFT "Program" through Dec 2011 is for ONE UPDATE ONLY?

Did I miss the fine print? This is a terrible policy. It's not as if these are feature updates. You shouldn't have to pay for bug fixes. Who charges for minor updates? Major upgrades, I might understand. Of course, we don't even know for sure what these updates accomplish because Ford...
  4. S

What's your status?

Order: 2/7 Built: 3/9 Sync: v2.7 on 3/10 ETA: who knows Status: Awaiting Shipment I have family coming in on May 3rd. Looks like we'll be cramming everyone into our two cars. My wife says the dealer has promised us a Flex as a loaner. I'll believe it when I see it. I thought we...
  5. S

What's your status?

so, you're saying there's a chance... What did you have to do to get it moving and delivered that quickly? I was expecting at least a week for delivery.
  6. S

What's your status?

Aaaaargh! Just saw three while i was out getting lunch. :(
  7. S

What's your status?

I'm starting to see new Explorers every day. It's driving me crazy. Still waiting on mine that was built March 9th.
  8. S

OK Ford Motor, It's Now Time To Get Your Act Together!

And what is the result? We just suck it up or cancel? It sounds bad, but a I hope the person(s) responsible get fired or at least feel really really bad.
  9. S

Lets see some pics of your new Explorers!

That is a nice color. Looks much better than the pics from the website or catalog. Now I'm rethinking my choice of silver. Actually, my first choice was red, but my wife did not want to pay extra for a special color.
  10. S

OK Ford Motor, It's Now Time To Get Your Act Together!

Still sounds like the chances of mine arriving in less than 2 weeks (by 4 May) are slim. As of yesterday, it's still awaiting shipment with no ETA. I have a feeling mine will be # 7,500 of the backlog.
  11. S

What's your status?

I'm picturing my Ex sitting against a fence in the back of a huge lot of other Ex's which are slowly but surely getting shipped. With all the deliveries, I'm a little more optimistic that they will get to mine.
  12. S

Slight roll when putting in Park...

Then what is the e-brake for? I use it when parking on hills, just in case.
  13. S

What's your status?

Has anyone noticed if/when the sync version gets updated to 2.8 compared to your Ex status changing to "in transit"? Mine has been at 2.7 since the build date (3/10). V2.8 is being loadedat factory, right?
  14. S

What's your status?

If I would have waited till the end of February to order, I would probably have my Ex now. :rolleyes: Ordered: 2/7 Built: 3/10 Status: stuck in Chicago
  15. S

What's your status?

Order: 2/7 Built: week of 3/7 ETA: 3/16 or whenever Status: Awaiting Shipment Sync: v2.7 on 3/10
  16. S

The 4/4/11 Build Date Thread

Well what do you know? I stopped by the dealer today to see if I could get an order number or something. It seems my Explorer was built the week of March 3rd! But since then the status has changed a few times from "At Plant" to "Re-Released" and back again. Hopefully it will be here soon.
  17. S

The 4/4/11 Build Date Thread

2/7 order here. Hopefully that translates to a 4/4 build date. I've been holding off on nagging the dealer, but I might have to stop by and see what they know. Ford needs a feature like Dominos where they show your order being processed and going out for delivery. What info do I need to...
Back