Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Adding Homelink Garage Door Opener

Filzam, did you buy a used home link?
  2. R

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

My iphone 4S connects as a phone perfectly every time after the most recent update, but my phone does not connect at all as a listed device in the Entertainment section. The only work around is to touch the BT Stereo button and have the EX manually connect each time I get into the vehicle...
  3. R

Replacing Seat Filters

That's the problem - there are different levels of maintenance depending on your driving habits, so there is some "discretion" involved. I now realize I probably didn't need it so I will kindly skip their offer at 60K.
  4. R

Replacing Seat Filters

Living in SE Texas I use the seat heater about 2 times a year! I had the service done, but wish I would have waited till 60K to do it.
  5. R

Replacing Seat Filters

I am just over 30,000 miles and was advised to have my seat filters changed (I don't have a/c seats), transmission fluid changed, and radiator fluid changed to the tune of $700. I drive about 22,000 miles per year but they are not rough miles. Seems like the fluid change is excessive.
  6. R

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

I too have had the update for a couple of months and things are MUCH better. I have had a few things go wrong too like iphone bluetooth sync not establishing when playing music (happening with more frequency as of late) and the "music" button on bottom left corner not responding to touch...
  7. R

Stereo options (Sound quality)

Use the money you would have spent on the Limited and have an aftermarket system installed. It will sound much better than the Sony system.
  8. R

No more "tin can" sound ???

I have an 11 with dual moon roof and definitely have the tin drum sound when it rains. You are lucky.
  9. R

Navigation fault

Apparently this is the fix as it worked on mine too. I spoke with Ford tech support and they were very friendly and helpful and suggested this as a fix for many buggy issues.
  10. R

MyFord Touch Upgrade Inbound

I noticed that the bluetooth audio connection is no longer on the first "page" of audio input options in the entertainment section. Unfortunately, that is the most used input I use. Either way, I'm very happy that Ford is responding to the complaints we've had. I was just fighting with...
  11. R

Navigation fault

That is insane. I'd be one pissed off individual if/when that happens to me.
  12. R

Navigation fault

Looks like I dodged a bullet...for a while. The system maintenance screen came up and once it did its thing, the system was back to normal and no issues with navigation or any other features. Weird. I don't know if there is a way to force the system maintenance, but perhaps that might help...
  13. R

Navigation fault

That is awful. They couldn't let you drive the X until the part came in? I'm not looking forward to my visit tomorrow.
  14. R

Navigation fault

Mine started today. What was the fix for you guys?
  15. R

Official Explorer MFT Problems / Issues / Feature Suggestions Thread

Good question, because I'm pretty sure I've never seen that option before. I have an iphone 3gs.
  16. R

1. Bug 2. 2011 XLT 3. MFT version: 2.11 4. When listening to Iphone 3GS via bluetooth before exiting the vehicle, MFT starts back on AM radio. Additionally, Iphone's bluetooth system only connects about 50% of the time to the vehicle as a audio source. The phone portion seems to connect 100%.
  17. R

Air conditioning-how good is it?

I haven't had the experiences you've been having, but I feel really bad for you. I hope it all works out.
  18. R

Down here in Texas we've had some miserable heat for a few months now and my Explorer has done a fantastic job of cooling down quickly and keeping up with the heat on long trips. I park my X outside all day at my office (no shade) so when I get into it at the end of the day, I usually roll all...
  19. R

Would you purchase a 2011 Explorer again?

Really great vehicle and loving the 19.6 mpg! MFT has its issues, but they are not overshadowing the rest of what the Explorer does so well.
  20. R

My X is not having any problems keeping up with this insane Texas heat.
  21. R

Wallpaper is in , now what, cant see it

Another idea is to use a totally black image as your wallpaper since there is no way to turn off the screen. That would reduce brightness at night.
  22. R

Adding Homelink Garage Door Opener

This is something I will definitely be picking up. Thanks for the info guys! Like JustB_Rad mentioned, how can we add push button start/true keyless entry?!
  23. R

Off-road Awesome!

I drove a BMW 330i before the Explorer, so I am already used to having to park that way.
  24. R

Lets hear from those that use the NuShield on their MFT!

I ordered one. No glare issues for me, but fingerprint help is worth it alone! Thanks for the discount too.
  25. R

That will work just about every time, but you can also just touch the "connected" button on the iphone's bluetooth screen under "devices" and it will almost always re-establish connection. Just a quicker work around. I hope that makes sense.
Back