Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Free - full set of used brake callipers (x4)

No longer available as these have now been junked.
  2. I

Free - full set of used brake callipers (x4)

Rummaging in my garage, I have found a full set of 4 brake callipers I removed from my Explorer about 3+ years ago. These would require a full and proper refurb. to make good. The bleed nipples on the fronts are rounded and seized and the rears are perhaps in the same condition. If you might...
  3. I

I broke my Truck

{Now Rehomed}
  4. I

For Sale: Genuine Motorcraft Muti-Function Switch

{Now Sold}
  5. I

1997 Explorer issues..

Welcome to the UK Forum! #1 is likely to be needing new hubs. I'm guessing the ABS kicks in at slow/low speeds? Is is down to the ABS sensor itself deteriorating. Sometime you can get lucky and remove it and clean it (with switch cleaner) but most times as the ABS sensor is integral to the...
  6. I

Timing chain replacement

I'm kinda following thus thread, mostly out of admiration and interest, but as I'm not mechanically minded (and no pictures) I have no real idea about what this job entails (aside from its big). Look forward to any pictures, plus always nice to see another UK Explorer kept on the road.
  7. I

BP, Shell etc premium fuels

Not sure advice from our US cousins is accurate; remember in the US petrol comes in 3 varieties and generally is of lower RON that our standard unleaded (95). Plus our trucks got the SOHC while most sold in the US were OHC or even the V8. The age old debate of premium fuels will forever rage...
  8. I

Help! Sourcing spare parts for 2005 Sport Trac in UK

Can defo. recommend US Automotive in Bedford. Sadly very expensive but you can get good quality US parts off the shelf with quick delivery. Sometimes Rock Auto with UK delivery works out cheaper!
  9. I

BP, Shell etc premium fuels

I tend to use Tesco 99 when they run fuel offers. Seems to make marginal difference in ours. Otherwise I stick with Shell or BP fuels only. I think premium fuels will benefit the engine if it is in good order. I run a can of Seafoam every so often through engine as flush and fuel tank as system...
  10. I

WANTED: Rear Calipers

Dear All, Annual US trip due in 6 weeks. I've started to build my wish list from Rock Auto. I require a set of the above as core charge is about £17 ea. If anyone could help for beer tokens I'd be grateful. Many thanks!
  11. I

Rear Hatch Gas Strut

Have you bought from them Jan? They look legit and competent. Sadly they don't list our trucks in their normal catalogue, might give them a bell tomorrow and see what they offer.
  12. I

MOT time!

LPG is evil. That is all.
  13. I

Over drive light

Like Stenasev says. Lights should only be illuminated if you've turned a switch or flipped a switch. I don't know what your illuminated lights mean though, sorry.
  14. I

Spark plug change

I decided to play it safe and went with Motorcraft originals when I replaced my plugs about 18 months ago because I felt I the Ex. was sensitive to non OE brands (and I didn't fancy dong the job again if I got something wrong!). But your post gives me confidence to go with something else if I...
  15. I

MOT time!

How'd the retest go? All sorted and another Ex. still gracing our roads for atleast a year? I look forward to MOT because it gives me a legitimate excuse to buy stuff for the Ex. :D This year the braking system will be my particular focus (cryo discs and ceramic pads all round; new calipers...
  16. I

picking up a new car on thursday

Im so sorry to see your truck for sale :( Part her out, I can give many of your lovingly selected custom parts a good home in my truck :D
  17. I

Rear Hatch Gas Strut

Simon you could try US Automotive in Bedford. I can highly recommend them but know they are very pricey. I'll be heading out to the US in a couple months time and will be buying some stuff for my Ex. I'd be happy to bring back a couple of things for you if you still need them by the time I go.
  18. I

F*cking Rant - Why Can't Things Be Simple? :mad:

As with my previous thread, I have been rather remiss in posting updates. Rest assured Howard has suitably admonished me and I making amends :D So, my shocks... When I bought my truck, I made the decision to strip out the useless factory fit ARCs as soon as I was able to - regardless if...
  19. I

Cold Starting Hesitation - Any Thoughts?

So...I though I would update this thread with a resolution. I bought 2 tins of Seafom (from US Automotive) in January in preparation for my 6 monthly oil/filter change and used the guide on here - poured Seafoam into the truck. Results are that there is no hesitation at start up. Although no...
  20. I

My Beast

Looks lovely! I'd love to get hold of one of those very late registered vehicles if I could. Happy motoring man!
  21. I

Mot failure

US Automotive do carry much of what we need in stock and ready to go; sadly it comes at an insane premium. You might want to speak to 'fact' on here and see if he would be willing to help? To determine quality I would check RockAuto to see if they stock it, they're simply the best place to buy...
  22. I

Back with a new Ex:)

It does indeed look nice and clean; so you took my advice and went V8 I see :) How ya settlin' in now that you're back home?
  23. I

Fuel filler neck

Being as its fuel and I didn't want any safety issues I opted to buy a new replacement (got it from 1A Auto when I was in the US) as opposed to messing around patching it up as it was needing replacement (question of when not if). Although no doubt very expensive, you could USAutomotive in...
  24. I

Opinions on a couple of Explorers im looking at.....

If I were in your position I'd be looking at an Expedition Eddie Bauer trim with a V8 :D As much as I love the Ex. it'd be an Expedition every time in the US. FWIW, I think both are overpriced given the age of the trucks and neither colour is appealing. I'm always wary of the Limited due to x4...
  25. I

Can't start 96 Explorer - Only key fob broken

Make sure you actively post on the US side of this forum just in case something is being missed by us UK lot.
Back