Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

rims

so i sold my old stock sized tires as i upgraded a size. however i still have the 15 in rims. i was wondering if anyone could tell me more about sizing and how much i could sell them for? is it as simple as using a tape measure?
  2. I

Idle Issues

thanks for the help. i'll give it a shot.
  3. I

Idle Issues

don't have anyway of checking codes w/out taking it in. just know my idle is low and my check engine light pops up randomly due to it i think. already replaced the idle control sensor and not change. so seeing if there is anything anyone can think of that might help w/out having to take to a...
  4. I

Idle Issues

so for the past few months (ever since i got the clutch done on my truck) my rpm's have been low. used to idle comfortably at 900-1000. now it idles at 500-600. check engine light pops on randomly when i'm driving and i either have to shift up and down until it goes off, shut truck off and...
  5. I

need some advice on putting a lift on my '91 explorer

Thanks For the help guys It's not exactly what I wanted but it works. 2 inch spacers in the front and an add a leaf in the back. until i can afford to get a daily driver so I can park her for a while and do some real work, this will do just fine. if someone wants to tell me how to post pix...
  6. I

that cool. don't know what leaves i'll use yet. but i have a conversion chart so all i have to do is match up length and width of mine then find a set with an extra leaf for my add a leaf. good to know about the coils i think at the local junk yard i can get them for about 20 for the pair...
  7. I

so overall i'm thinking add a leaf, drop shackles, some f-150 coils, and some bilstein 5100 series shocks. not too much for a 2-3 inch lift is it?
  8. I

so overall i'm thinking add a leaf, drop shackles, some f-150 coils, and some bilstein 5100 series shocks. not too much for a 2-3 inch lift is it?
  9. I

that's what i was thinking. so i don't need to get longer springs? just an add a leaf?
  10. I

Hey everyone!!! i'm new to the forum but i've been looking through it for a few months now. but I am a member of a small 4x4 club. i have a 91 ford explorer sport. i am looking to do a small, 2 inch, maybe 3 inch max lift on it. i have have some idea's such as putting larger coils off f150 in...
Back