Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Hard to start after gas fill up

Watch the gas Had an incident back in June where I filled up and the gas caused me, along with others all sorts of problems. Store Owner was cutting it with something. Got the local paper involved. I had to use Lucas Fuel Treatment and just burned it out. Problem went away about 1/2 a...
  2. O

Moisture in mirror marker lamp

Mine too.... 2011 Golden Bronze Limited Add me to the list. Thanks for the part number. Oakwhite
  3. O

Car Quits

Check your gas.... I had an issue back when gas was closer to $4.00. I pulled a sample out of the tank and had it tested – [I work at a university]. My friend, the chemist, told me the gas had been cut with alcohol or some thinner. I had to use Lucas Fuel treatment and burn that mess out of...
  4. O

Peeling Trim A-Pillar

My A-Pillar - Replaced Mine was a little loose when I received the Limited. It flew off the car, last month, at about 70 mph on I-10. No way to stop - so just drove on. Took it to the dealer - he told me I was the fourth of the day. Ordered the parts but forgot the clips. Make sure they...
  5. O

tire mobility kit

Found mine Hidden under my driver's seat. I didn't pull it out. Thanks for sharing! Limited no towing package.
  6. O

Rubber IA Key case?

Gel Cover If you guys ever see a cover, please let me know. I contacted a manufacturer in China - Hong Kong. They are working on something... Thanks
  7. O

Limited security system

Sorry for your loss. I understand. People don't respect private property anymore... I know I have seen several items like you are speaking about put on by local dealers. My son uses a local person and I will have him inquire about these systems. I know our local shop can add motion...
  8. O

Sony Sound System Quality (Limited)

Windows Phone My volume is loud at 25 to 40%. I do have an issue with my phone and BT stream. I do have to cut the volume up on the phone. Not as good as direct connect or usb, sirus, etc. I did notice the USB drives work best with the newest jumpdrives. I did have zune convert my itunes...
  9. O

Limited security system

My alarm... Limited I know if you remote start the vechicle and the passager door is opened the alarm will go off. At least mine does. Once, I had the car running while I was behind the wheel. I sent my son in to the store to swipe a discount card. The screen came up and warned me the FOB...
  10. O

Other vehicles you considered before buying the 2011 X

Spent a year looking I spent a year looking... During the past year (2010): Drove and tested Honda Pilot - nice but no new tech like Ford. Dealer here has some issues. Drove and tested 4Runner - sales people were jerks and were more insterested in going home than seeing me after...
  11. O

Blank screen

Twice on mine Mine has done it twice. The radio and a/c should work while it off. I think the systems gets confused and is in the middle of a "warm boot". This is when the computer is reset - like ctrl+alt+delete. I haven't need to do a cold boot. This is when you kill the power. Keep...
  12. O

Car Care: Tuxedo Black & Black perf leather

Sgt1411 is correct.. Forgot to mention - Leatherique Pristine Clean and Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil "Leatherique Pristine Clean and Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil work with a capillary action. The proteins, cleaners, and conditioners find their way deep into the natural pores of the leather and...
  13. O

Car Care: Tuxedo Black & Black perf leather

Check these websites out I just realize that the cheap stuff I have been using won't cut it. Though Mothers, Meguiar's, etc are great products be open to others. Due to the economy there are some real deals out there. I have reset up my garage and have found that buying the supplies by the...
  14. O

100% gasoline, amsoil full synthetic, and nitrogen filled tires. What is best?

Add me to the question list... I have been doing research on oil and filters. There are some great deals out there due to economy. What is the break-in period? I am at 636 miles. I know the book says 87 octane but I have used 92 or 93 octane for the life of my vechicles. Does it...
  15. O

Ambient lighting

Blue is nice but love purple. It is so sweet and N-I-C-E! I love being able to see the doors, floor, etc. Great job Ford! Oakwhite
  16. O

Flash Drive Volume Names

Hey, is the a list of USB Jump Drives that work best with the Mytouch. Mine works fine but ever now and then it will just skip to the next song. THanks Oakwhite
  17. O

Duped into phony 'factory order'

Price My price was $41,680 got them down to $39,990. This is before the rebate. I did order the bucket seats in back, my ford touch with sony, black interior, with no roof rack. The factor still put it on but saved me $160. I never put anything on top of the vechicle. I had three...
  18. O

Duped into phony 'factory order'

It is worth the wait.... You are not alone…. My suggestion 1. Speak with Owner of Dealership 2. Get back $500 deposit - you can go to any Ford dealer and pick one up 3. Call Corporate they will send you a piece of paper worth $750 - $1000 off the price of your car. No gimmicks. My...
Back