Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

how do disable fuel flow to a single cylinder

removing both is definitely best here. In the end, if your head gasket is really bad, its gonna need replacing.
  2. T

Fuel Filter Replacement w/pics

It was funny for me. I was showing my brother my "progress" and in my best narrative voice said, "Now with 1 good push this should.....pop, fuel everywhere". The filter was so clogged that even after sitting for 24 hours with 1 side disconnected, there was still tons left in the annoying line.
  3. T

how do disable fuel flow to a single cylinder

Pulling the plug to the injector generally doesn't allow it to open; otherwise your engine would flood when you powered the ignition. Do have a fire extinguisher handy for whatever you are attempting here.
  4. T

Fuel Filter Replacement w/pics

I just did this on my 2004. Here is my advice, buy the kit that has all the plastic tools. Next, ALSO buy the metal pivot tool. There is a BRUTAL tolerance stack going on here and what worked for some folks will not work for others. 2 hours with the stock, then heavily modified scissors...
  5. T

Ride Quality 2004 2x4 XLS Sport 4D

Normally I would swap out the shock and struts and swap over the hats and springs. My general impression so far is that if the shocks went at 14k, I am betting the everything else it dead by 100K. Thanks for the heads up on the high spring rate. You can almost forget about that stuff working...
  6. T

I did some quick looking: Front (2 required) : Monroe part number 171398 , Amazon list 134.97 Rear (2 required) : Monroe part number 171322 Amazon List 132.66 These are the complete remove and replace kits. With 100k or so miles on it now; its makes sense to do this as an assembly. These...
  7. T

Thank you very much! it makes total sense that if the shocks are binding/too much rebound or waaaaay too much compression it would feel like somebody did an F350 axle swap. It would also explain how it doesn't show up on every vehicle. I guess some shocks fail and go loose and a very few fail...
  8. T

I ran through both the google search and the regular search for an answer, but couldn't find a solution. I am about to inherit a 2004 Explorer that my father has owned since it had 14k miles. From the first day until now the ride is absolutely punishing. I drove my 2003 F250 Diesel with...
Back