Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Looking for rear end w drums for 02 ST 4x4 4.10 gears

car-part dot com database of all junkyards across US...I'm sure there is one in Kentucky
  2. N

5R55E

I think you're right. I do believe this is a wiring issue. The last tranny I replaced had corroded selenod wiring. The transmssion I replaced it with from the yard also has the same problem. I recently ordered a new selenoid wire harness off of ebay, and I plan on checking the continuity of the...
  3. N

2002 Sport Trac - Best and easiest Swap?

What is this timing chain rattle I keep hearing about? I have 265,000 miles and I just recenlty started to get a valve tapping. It was not long after I did a Seafoam treatment. I figured my oil viscosity was too thin, so I changed my oil and used 10W40 instead of 5W30. Tapping went away. Newer...
  4. N

1997 Engine Wire Harness question

Thanks Jon I'll look for that. Anyone have a Workshop Manual PDF for a 97 Explorer available to share? I mostly could use the wiring diagrams. PM me.
  5. N

1997 Engine Wire Harness question

Hello, I have obtained a wire harness for a 1997 Ford Explorer that I am planning to use for a V8 swap to a 01 Sport Trac. Since there are different engine setups for a 97 Explorer, one with/EGR hole in exhaust manifold and one without/EGR hole in exhaust manifold, how would I be able to tell...
  6. N

Just Another Fn V8 Swap Thread

I wouldn't feel to confident swapping that it in. How would the engine wire harness work with it? If I knew how to do it I would consider it...especially since I will be out your way in a few weeks to move my daughter to Ohio. ***Update...my Sporty's tranny died over the weekend. I knew it was...
  7. N

Just Another Fn V8 Swap Thread

Hello, I have been on this site a few years reading through the different threads, and I have found a lot of useful information here. I thank you all. I am looking to do a V8 swap into my 2001 Sport Trac (Job2). She has 256,000 miles on here and I am on my 3rd transmission. Now that I have...
  8. N

Coilover Conversion

Hey no problem. I used the KYB SS10201. http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=2451374&cc=1362462&jsn=506 Hope this helps. I am very pleased.
  9. N

Coilover Conversion

Believe it or not I added a Axle damper shock last night. I ordered this a few days ago after visiting the junkyard and seeing the 5.0 Explorers with the Axle Dampers. I thought that having one certainly wouldn't hurt. i have seen posts on this forum claiming that it has no effect, and therefore...
  10. N

Coilover Conversion

I certainly didn't mean to hijack this thread. Swshawaii, Thank you for the info. That has always been the question I have been asking....What is better a longer travel or a shorter travel? I have all new shocks, Ranchos in the rear and I believe KYB's in the front (my brother in law bought...
  11. N

Coilover Conversion

Ok. I'll check it out. Thanks NeaL
  12. N

Coilover Conversion

Ok, thanks. The Body mounts are on my list of things to get soon. Body Mounts 2 and 3 on both sides look really worn as compared to the others.
  13. N

Coilover Conversion

Thanks for clearing that up. So how do the torsion bars cause a rough ride? And how do you correct that? Neal
  14. N

Transmission Problems

The Sporty has a 5R55E automatic transmission. From what I understand, there are no other automatics that are compatible with it. However, if you are mechanically inclined you may be able to swap in a manual transmission. Personally I would rather upgrade to a v8 engine with the 4r70w...
  15. N

Coilover Conversion

I thought about doing coil overs on the fronts thinking that I can improve my ride over the bumpy, pothole ridden landscape of Northeastern PA. I have new shocks throughout, however I still don't like how it handles over the deep holes that jar your jaw. Would coil overs help? I assumed they...
  16. N

Transmission Issues.....5R55E

I am 99.9% sure that your problem is the reverse servo not seated properly. You have to drop the tranny pan and pull out the reverse servo. The Reverse Servo when installed correctly needs to be seated against a pin . You have to look down the servo hole and move that pin with a long flat...
  17. N

2004 Sport Trac 302 V8 Swap Prep

"... ***Anyone have a wiring diagram for a Job 1 Sport Trac or an Explorer Sport?***..." I believe I do. My workshop Manuals cover the early and late 01 Explorer Sport and Sport Tracs....including the wiring manual. I like how you pulled the wiring harnesses from the junkyard. i was thinking...
  18. N

Transmission problems

from the ATSG Ford Motor Co. Techtran Manual, Pg 30, Service Information 5R55E...... "NOTE: If any non transmission codes appear, repair those first, They can effect the electrical operation of the transmission. Record and erase codes from continuous memory after repairs have been performed...
  19. N

Transmission problems

just my 2 cents, however it may help. I jyst very recently swapped out my tranny with a U Pull It tranny. After the swap I was having similar issues. I suggest two things.. 1) Clean your MAF sensor with some alcohol on a Qtip...or if you have another to swap. From my readings of the...
  20. N

2001 Sport Trac Project

Looks Good!
Back