Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

A/C does not blow cold air

I know this may not be clear. Your (black plastic) crank arm must still be connected to the door or the door would have fallen on the fan. However, your crank arm is not connected to the (metal) actuator arm. That's why your air recirc door is still hanging where it's supposed to be but it's...
  2. G

There are only two correct positions for the air recirc door and those are full open or full closed. The only positions on the dial that make the recirc door close are "off" (at the 12 o'clock) and max a/c. In any other position the door is open. It's a vacuum actuator, not electrical. The...
  3. G

The weak airflow Josef describes is a very common problem. The "fresh air/recirc" door literally falls off and blocks the fan intake. If it hasn't already happened on your 3rd Gen Explorer it will. The result is that you cannot shut off air coming from the outside, you cannot recirculate air...
  4. G

Windows, gas gauge, radio not working

Very similar issue here. 2005 Explorer, broken visor bracket. I went to a junkyard, got another one and put it in on Friday evening. Monday morning the windows, fuel gauge and radio were inop. Check the windows fuse and c/b, but they were OK. If it hadn't been for these posts I wouldn't have...
  5. G

Stop "check charging system" beeping?

My kids keep our 2005 4WD 4.0 Explorer with 160K miles at college a few hours away. They've had an check charging system & battery light flashing and beeping at random times for a couple years as the Explorer was passed down from one kid to another. I didn't do anything about it because the...
  6. G

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

2005 Explorer blend door actuator, cont... And I bought the Motorcraft actuator online from Rock Auto for about $50.
  7. G

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

2005 Explorer blend door actuator I was able to remove & replace the blend door actuator without cutting the dash as well. All you need to do is remove the temp control/audio trim panel and you can see the right side screw and get it out with a little 5/16" or 8mm box wrench. The trim panel...
  8. G

p0401 egr insufficient flow??

2005 Explorer EGR valve and DPFE I had rough running and a P0401 code indicating an EGR valve problem. There is NO separate DPFE on an '05 despite the recommendations in many forums that you replace the DPFE first. There's an EGR systems module (ESM) that incorporates a DPFE. I got the...
  9. G

Replace Manual Lumbar Support

Explorer manual lumbar support (again) When my 200 lb 6'5" son drove my Explorer the lumbar support broke again (shortly after I had fixed it per my last post). The poorly designed plastic accordion broke on the right side this time. I zip-tied that side of the accordion to the seat back...
  10. G

Replace Manual Lumbar Support

Explorer manual lumbar support My manual lumbar support broke once while my 2005 Explorer was under warranty. Dealer replaced it, but it broke again within another year when it was out of warranty. I've been driving it for a couple years without the lumbar support. I have to do a lot of...
Back