Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Replacing bench with 2nd row bucket seats

Has anyone actually completed this conversion that has the inflatable seat belts? On a 2012, my bench seats were pre sliding.
  2. J

Replacing bench with 2nd row bucket seats

Swapping Bench For Captains Chairs in the Second Row With No Console I know this has been brought up before. But is there a way, to order the Second Row Captains Chairs for my 2012 Limited, without the console and swap it for the bench? Has anyone successfully done this? Does it look like...
  3. J

Heat Quit...blows cold air. Let's fix this and then someone come chisel me out

I have the same issue, we have an appointment Tuesday. The frustrating part about it, is that in the summer our Air Conditioning Died. They fixed it, 3 weeks later. And now that it's winter our heat failed. Ugh.
  4. J

Climate Settings With Remote Start

Yeah, I'm in Maine, we actually just tried this about 20 minutes ago here. Remote start for 10 minutes, temperature in the cabin was ok. Heated seats were not noticeably on. However when I pressed my hand down on the center of the seat I felt a minor warmth. Thermo...
  5. J

Hey Thanks for the info, I tried it today, temperature 30 degrees in Maine. And the heated seats did not appear to be on. I had it set for auto, let it warm up about 10 minutes with the remote start. Cold Weather Conditions is rather vague, what are the temperatures these features...
  6. J

Is there a way to have the heated seats turn on automagically when using remote start? Thanks!
  7. J

Husky / Weathertech mats - Group Buy

Thanks for the info, other than the third row well mat, are there any other major differences? Also I second this question: "Does the third row well mat stay in place all the time, or does it need to be removed when you move the seats around?" Thanks!
  8. J

Husky / Weathertech mats - Group Buy

So is everyone sold on the Husky liners? What is this 3rd row well mat everyone is talking about? Is that just for the third row floor? Does anyone own the new digitalfit weathertechs? I actually like the look of them better, but it seems everyone is in for the husky's here. Thanks
  9. J

2012 Ford Explorer Limited Review

Ah see, I see it differently. If the system were in Drive/Reverse I can understand the doors being locked, and if it were remote started outside of the 3 FT distance I can understand that as well, I would not want it to unlock by anyone. However when parked during a remote start when the key...
  10. J

Actually, a great idea, I will probably do this!
  11. J

Yeah or it's a bad design. If the key is within 3 feet, it should unlock, despite the circumstance.
  12. J

2012 limited halogen aimed too low ?

I forgot to put this in my review, but yes, they seem pointed to low on mine as well. Is there a way to adjust them?
  13. J

Hello Everyone, we put our first 750 Miles on the 2012 limited Explorer with 302. I have some comments, First of all, MFT sucks. It's slow, and tries to do to much. At Mile 350 it performed system maintenance, or AKA BLSOD and auto Reboot = Enabled. Who's idea was it to put the 4 Way...
  14. J

Have items been fixed on MY 2012?

Here's my comments on these issues, not much to report. A) Transmission Problems - Have not Experienced any B) Rain Noise - I have moon roof - it rained hard on our trip, i didn't notice anything odd C) Vibration in accelerator pedal - Have not experienced D) Overheating - it was hot...
  15. J

Wax & Cleaner Recommendations

Best Wax For White Platinum So getting ready to wash/wax my new MY2012 Explorer :D and was wondering the best wash and wax to use for it? The one real requirement I have is to only use wax that doesn't leave white marks on black trim. Thanks!
  16. J

What's your status?

Ordered 4/19 Built 8/17 Still Waiting! that's 4 months and counting A long time to be without a vehicle
  17. J

Loganfilm - How did the appointment with the Ford Tech go?

Hey LoganFilm, It's been over a month, and I haven't seen any posts by you on your MFT Issues. Has it all been resolved or did you just quit on it?
  18. J

What's your status?

My EX's birthday was yesterday! It's the only thing I know of that's born before it's delivered. :D
  19. J

MFT reboot option (w/out fuse 29 or battery)

So this USB stick, do you make it by visiting syncmyride.com?
  20. J

Question for FORD IVT TEAM

I think the hope was they'd remove a large enough number of user complaints with the last update that they could move on and start working on MY2013. Unfortunately, I don't think they can, with probably 100K of these on order, they are going to have a much larger problem then they did with...
  21. J

Bad Paint!!

Can anyone confirm this issue has been resolved in the MY2012? Also did they change the part to a painted part, or is it still just a laminated piece of plastic?
  22. J

Question for FORD IVT TEAM

Let's keep bumping this thread, we really need an answer. IVT Team, is this the end, are just incremental bug fixes coming? Or is a redesign in the works?
  23. J

Brochure Offers

This is probably relevant here, but every brochure I've received has had the coupon. AND the most recent one I got for a 2011 Explorer, said it was valid for 2012's.
Back