Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

2000 Explorer 4.0 SOHC 4WD no reverse

Thanks Bluestream.... I hear you, it would be nice but I guess once people have the problem fixed, going back is too much effort. In any event, my truck issue is weird in that I have intermittent times when it will go into reverse and then nothing again for thirty or forty times trying and...
  2. M

1999 Ford Explorer - No Reverse??? PLZ help

Kind of what I thought....so....what could be wrong in the transfer case? Does a transfer case rebuild require pulling everything out of the truck to access it? Doesn't sound as simple as a little Sea Foam Treatment to hopefully correct does it. Cheers and thanks for your opinion.... McMuddy
  3. M

2000 Explorer 4.0 SOHC 4WD no reverse

So Guys....it's been three years since this post originated and I am curious if the VB Gasket fixed the problem? I have the same Explorer/spec's and problem seems to be the same and need to know what I'm up against here. Do I scrap it or rebuild or just put the effort into a gasket and hope it...
  4. M

1999 Ford Explorer - No Reverse??? PLZ help

So Guys.....sorry to bring this old thread up once again as it seems everyone is convinced the reverse band is gone. BUT!!! I have a slight variation to this all so familiar problem and looking for any more thoughts. I experienced the exact same issues as everyone else here with the loudish...
  5. M

Headlights won't work :(

That makes perfect sense except I'm a little bit challenged electrically speaking. I do have a volt/ohm meter but haven't the foggiest idea of what to check .... or which wires to check ect....
  6. M

Headlight Switch 94 Limited

I was checking out the forum today and saw your post from over 8 years ago but was real interested to know if the headlight switch resolved your lights out scenario. I have the same prob with my 2000 Explorer and I'm out of ideas.... Cheers McMuddy
  7. M

Hi again everyone.... Well I just bought and changed out the MFS and it made absolutely no difference to my issue. So do I go forward now and replace the headlight switch or do I change the DRL Module first???? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks McMuddy
  8. M

Sooooo Guys. I'm a little confused here. At the beginning, it was suggested it was the headlight switch in the dash. Then, it appears the MFS is the culprit....don't know for sure which was the culprit. Here is my issue (and I apologize in advance for the long winded post).....no low beams at...
  9. M

Daytime Running Lights

Okay Guys N Gals.... I just came across this post while searching for an answer to another problem I have but felt the need to chime in here (even if it's three years later). I bought my 2000 brand new off the lot and my DRL's seem to operate in a different manner than everyone's machine on...
  10. M

starter keeps running

Thanks CDW.....I think I'm down to cables for sure as everything else is new. I can definitely see corrosion on/in the cables and will replace those completely from battery to starter. If that doesn't make things happen then I will be at a complete loss because everything will be new from the...
  11. M

Starter click and orphaned wire issue

Thanks for your reply natenkiki2004 I just went out and picked up new wire/ends to build my own cables. I know they're probably not as good as factory but at this point I'm about done with spending dough on this truck. The Ford OEM cables up here in Canada are over $300 and the local Napa...
  12. M

starter keeps running

Help.... Hi CDW....question from your previous post Not sure if I have my wiring correct at the starter. I have one red light gauge wire (which comes out of the same harness as one of two heavier black wires) that goes to the smaller post on the solenoid. Now do both heavier black wires go...
  13. M

starter motor burning wires

What fixed your problem? Hi Planetmarklar, So did you ever resolve your starter issue? My wife's truck is having pretty much the exact same problem....except for the burning wire issue. New battery, new starter, there is 12.7 volts down at the starter but she still won't turn over. I didn't...
  14. M

Starter click and orphaned wire issue

Any resolution? This appears to be a real old thread but I thought I would check and see if you had any resolution to your issue? My wife's 94 Ranger is doing exactly the same thing.....turn key, single loud click but nothing turns over. I've since replaced the starter with a new one and the...
  15. M

Front wheels "chatter" when turning left to right. Camber?

I think I might Have Same Issue.....Help Hi There, I had my Explorer brought home this weekend with a blown fuel pump issue and in the process of off loading it from the wrecker, we pushed the truck back into the carport and cranked the steering wheel (no engine running) a few times left...
  16. M

How to: Overhead console display fix - 2nd Gen

You Guy's ROCK! Excellent thread to come across....my temp/compass display died about three weeks ago and I have been lost (not literally :D) ever since without it. The detailed repair description and pics were such a huge help in getting this back online....I'm thrilled with the end result...
  17. M

Vapor Lock?

Fixed Talk about a delayed reaction......sorry for not updating this post. Anyway.... a huge Thank You goes out to wicsmith1997 for his suggestions and the absolute correct solution to my 94 Rangers issues. The fuel system relay in the fuse block under the hood was exactly the problem. After...
  18. M

Vapor Lock?

More Info Please. Hi Will, I sent you a PM but thought I would try this as well. I could use your help/advice on the exact same issue I am experiencing with the wife's 94 Ranger. I need to pick your brain a little though .... if you could message me back I would greatly appreciate it...
  19. M

Explorer Limited '99 Will not lock most times! ಡ_ಡ

Similar Issue Almost! Hi there MightyFrosty.... I have a similar issue with my 2000 Explorer XLT but it's only the drivers door that seems to have the problem. At first I thought it was the door lock actuator that was/is the problem and still think it is. However, I was recently...
Back