Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Tire Size Upgrade

Local tire shops say they will no longer install tires other than OEM sizes due to potential legal concerns related to the SUV rollover issues, etc. Guess I'll have to stay with the 255-50-20's Getting ready to replace my OEM Hankooks after 45k miles. There is some tread left but tires do not...
  2. D

MPG on new Explorer body style

Average about 18 mpg mostly around town. consistently hit 22 mpg on the highway. I think that's pretty good in a vehicle this heavy using regular gasoline.
  3. D

Has anyone got the Cargo Security Shade?

Not sure if I still have mine or threw it away. I'll be happy to check but I would think that the 2011 cover will not properly fit a 2004? Dave
  4. D

Voice commands just plain stopped working

Just searched out this thread. My voice commands just stopped working after 1+ years with no problem. Guess I'll try the master reset see if it works. Dave
  5. D

Tin Roof Rain noise.

Can the fix be done to moonroof cars?
  6. D

Pecan interior fail

Have gotten numerous compliments on the two tone interior with pecan. I think it looks sharp, but even the dealer could not describe the color so I found a car at another dealership to see first hand before ordering!
  7. D

Sun visor plastic clip

In NJ we have toll tickets for the NJ Turnpike. My old Volvos used to have a plastic clip attached to the pillar on the driver's side next to the windshield. I think Ford took the idea & moved it to the sun visor. I like it!
  8. D

Blackberry won't connect

Phone started working again on its own, after not working for a week??????????
  9. D

Blackberry won't connect

Thanks. I'll try the fuse first!!! Dave
  10. D

Blackberry won't connect

All of a sudden, after 6 months of usage, my Blackberry Tour 9630 won't connect to Sync. However, I notice that any time I start the vehicle, MFT says "phone connecting" even if I leave my phone off or out of the vehicle. It used to be that after a few seconds of looking for the phone, the...
  11. D

How long to hit the 10k mark?

5 months. Currently at 11,500 miles. Dave
  12. D

Has anyone got the Cargo Security Shade?

I bought it because the brochure made it seem that the only way to get a rubber protector for the rear bumper was as part of a rear cargo cover package. I wanted the rubber protection on the bumber because my dog jumps in & out of the back & I didn't want him to scratch the paint. When the...
  13. D

Is the Explorer reliable?

I have 11,000 miles on my Explorer Limited since May & other than some occasional glitches with MFT, vehicle has been perfect. No brake squeals, no noises, no transmission issues, etc. Dave
  14. D

Highway MPG

No matter how I drive, I can't get more than 21.5 mpg highway. This is especially disappointing since I traded in my 2008 Volvo XC-90 which got 25mpg highway with the V-8 engine & 300 hp. Dave
  15. D

AC set at cold went warm for 5 minutes then worked again

I just had the opposite problem yesterday. Driving with heat on. Stopped to run an errand & when I got back in & started the vehicle, cold air was blowing. Turned climate on & off, adjusted temperature, etc but nothing helped. About 5 minutes later, heat started to blow again??????????
  16. D

Best trunk liner for pet(s)?

Carpet will catch the fur & be less slippery for Fido, but is virtually impossible to really clean. Shepherd hair seems to weave its way into the carpet fibers. I previously had a Volvo XC-90. I covered the back floor with Weathertech mat but the sides of the back were that short napped fuzzy...
  17. D

Problems with Gas Fill

I have had this issue with my 2005 Mustang GT.Seems to be pretty common according to the Mustang forums from '05-'06. When tank is very low on fuel, it seems that a vapor lock develops & pump shuts off frequently until tank is about 1/3rd full. Solutions: 1- Try inserting gas tank handle...
  18. D

how to leave keys in the car and use keyless entry

I use the key fob. When weather is hot, I leave the car running & locked with A/C on so I can run into the store for a minute without worrying about heat making the dog sick or worse. Dave
  19. D

Best trunk liner for pet(s)?

I have a Weathertech rear mat. Works well for my German Shepherd. Not too hard,ot too slippery, easy to clean. Spepherds shed constantly but most of hair has stayed in the rear where I can easily clean it. Biggest issue has been that he slobbers over the rear console. I finally covered it with...
  20. D

Intermittent Radio Issue

I park in garage at night, but issue occurs during the day when I park outside. Next time, I will take it to the dealer before clearing it by switching modes.
  21. D

Intermittent Radio Issue

Vehicle is 2011 Limited with MFT version 2.8. Dave
  22. D

Intermittent Radio Issue

I usually listen to Sirius while driving & leave the radio in on position. Recently, I noticed that several (but not all) times when I start the car, the Sirius buttons have no info & radio won't play, even long after navigation & other electronic features have fully loaded. I have to switch to...
  23. D

The Quest for 30MPG HWY is underway...

My previous Volvo XC90 V-8 consistently hit 25.5 mpg (and occasionally 26+) on long highway trips at speed of 65-70mph. So why can't this Explorer with V-6 & much less torque get more than 22 mpg no matter how I drive (cruise control/no cruise/50 mph/70mph/etc)? Granted I am getting about 1...
  24. D

navigation system on limited a real disapointment

ncgirl... The perfect solution- move to Chicago!
  25. D

navigation system on limited a real disapointment

Only complaint I have with the Navigation is the User Interface. Entering addresses is awkward & often I can not find the address I am looking for. Especially difficult with major highway addresses such as 123 US Highway 1. Dave
Back