Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Dual Moon Roof, worth it?

Sorry for taking so long to reply to this post but we waited for the moonroof installation because of finances. As our financial situation improved we found ourselves at the dealership getting an F150 and the moonroof for the explorer came up. Kappaknight and TripFoeYa, you were both correct...
  2. E

Lets hear from those that use the NuShield on their MFT!

Yes. Not a 100% reduction in fingerprints, but significantly less. Helps protect from accidental scratches and cuts down on the glare.
  3. E

Yes, it is the dual-panel moonroof. The headliner gets swapped out with the install.
  4. E

@ timilicia, the moonroof is not aftermarket. It is the Ford moonroof so it should look no different.
  5. E

The dealer has an outside contractor do the install and guarantees the install for the life of the vehicle no matter who owns it. Not much more to ask for.
  6. E

I was quoted $1595 for the moonroof, which is what is listed on Ford's site when you build your own vehicle. Since it is much easier to install at the factory I am not balking at that price, if that really is the price. It is supposed to be exactly like the factory install. The dealer is...
  7. E

We bought our XLT off the lot and it did not have a moonroof. We really wanted one but didn't want to wait and the XLTs with the moonroof were hard to come by in the St. Louis area. The dealer will be installing one for us soon at their cost. We drove several Limiteds the had the moonroof and we...
  8. E

Lets hear from those that use the NuShield on their MFT!

I had my explorer for about 1 week then I installed the Nushield overlay. Still a few fingerprints, but nothing like before. Love it.
  9. E

Caliper Covers or Painting/Powder Coating

One of the first things I noticed about my XLT is that the calipers are painted silver so they blend in with the wheels. Painting them another color seems unnecesary.
Back