Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. fiftyfeetup

Dana 35 IFS 2001 Explorer Sport

I think I'd be looking for a used front axle with a locker already in it.
  2. fiftyfeetup

Dana 35 IFS 2001 Explorer Sport

dana 35 locker Thoughts that come to mind as possibilities: 1) They sent the wrong locker and don't realize it. (most likely) 2) Your mechanic doesn't have the specific experience required to stuff a locker into a front axle. (also very likely) 3) Your truck isn't really a 2001 explorer...
  3. fiftyfeetup

2nd gen 2001 sport front and rear axles 4.56 gears and lockers installed

I only have a couple hours to spare each week, if you take the time and figure out the shipping, give me $250 and pay shipping you can have it. We'll have to organize pickup around my schedule. It has a 4.56 ring and pinion (Richmond I think) and power trax lock rite locker. there's a small...
  4. fiftyfeetup

I believe it was a powertrax 2311 LR should be dana 35, 27 spline, reverse rotation if I remember correctly. Might want to call power trax and verify that. Make some limiting straps out of heavy chain and limit front travel severely or you will break cv shafts constantly. best money I ever...
  5. fiftyfeetup

sold front axle I have sold the front axle/ocker/gears to Mounty71.
  6. fiftyfeetup

the rear was an open rear diff until I put the locker in it. I sold the front axle already. Someone else is trying to buy the lift kit and skid plate so if you want it you might want to come get it before he does. I'm working an evening shift so you'd have to come down in the morning.
  7. fiftyfeetup

front end lift kit or front end axle with locker?
  8. fiftyfeetup

Parasitic Current Draw??

I have not had any trouble since replacing the battery.
  9. fiftyfeetup

yes I haven't sold anything. I also have the front end lift kit (minus one knuckle) if anyone wants it. Sorry I haven't been keeping up with this I've been working a ton of hours lately and haven't had time to do anything. In a couple days I'll rotate onto a midnight shift and I'll be hard to...
  10. fiftyfeetup

Parasitic Current Draw??

re: Its on an 04 explorer. I've replaced the battery, my ammeter is broken so I can't do any specific testing at the moment. Currently monitoring battery voltage after it sits a day, looks good at the moment. Guys at the battery shop tested the current draw and said it was normal. Time will...
  11. fiftyfeetup

Parasitic Current Draw??

Any news on this? Same problem The previous owner took mine to the dealer- they replaced the computer in the back drivers side and replaced the alternator- still not fixed. Fuse 29 draws a lot of current when the door is open, even with the dome lights off. Fuse 15 draws current all...
  12. fiftyfeetup

I have a set of axles with 4.56 gears and lock rite lockers installed from my 2001 explorer sport. I did a solid axle swap to 1 ton axles, these axles are fine. Asking $750 plus shipping. Why mess around installing gears and lockers when you can just swap out the axle housings. I have some...
  13. fiftyfeetup

superlift front 4" lift kit minus one knuckle

Superlift 4" front IFS lift kit with skid plate was on 2001 explorer sport. It's missing the knuckle on the drivers side, they cost about $300 from superlift. Make me an offer, you pay shipping.€€
  14. fiftyfeetup

mike's 01 sport, leaf sprung dana 60's, sas

working on it still. I need to do brakes, shocks, bump stops and front driveshaft. I'll put a current picture up soon for you all to look at.
  15. fiftyfeetup

I'm waiting on my tie rods and drag link to show up. Steering box is installed and steering shaft is hooked up. Will put up a picture when I get it set up.
  16. fiftyfeetup

steering box spline count and diameter

I called Borgeson Universal and they said it is a 3/4" 36 spine shaft.
  17. fiftyfeetup

steering box spline count and diameter

what is the steering box shaft diameter and spline count on a first generation explorer?
  18. fiftyfeetup

Here is a spring hanger for the front springs- made out of a 6 " I beam with the top cut off. 1/4" plate tabs welded to the bottom with some adjustment holes in case I want to run bigger tires in the future. The front crossmember is 3" x 3/8" angle iron with 1/4" plate tabs for shackle...
  19. stock fender

stock fender

20. hannemann fender- i think I'm going back to stock.

hannemann fender- i think I'm going back to stock.

21. front spring hanger

front spring hanger

22. front crossmember and shackle mounts

front crossmember and shackle mounts

23. fiftyfeetup

I'm starting a thread for my sas. The truck is an 01 sport. Dana 60's are from a 1979 ford wrecker. It will be used mostly for pulling timber around in the the national forest, a little bit of spotting deer and getting back in the woods for hunting and some farm running. It's not supposed...
  24. monoleaf

monoleaf

Back