Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

havent posted in a while. it still runs like a champ. needs wheel bearings like crazy, but i still keep driving the **** out of it. i dont know why the picture turned out so small; iphone problems, perhaps. lol
  2. R

hey yall. havent posted in a while, i figured i'd update the rig. the 37's are no more, so i'll try my hand at 15" wide swampers. my 3rd set of intercos on this ole rig.
  3. R

Need help narrowing this down

my rig used to make a jingle whistley sound when driving near centre medians or curbs. turns out the front driveshaft's "tulip" was worn out and rattling, making a sort of "jingle bells" noise. the superlift front shaft made a great replacement for me.
  4. R

This is strange

my trac makes the same sounds. i've been questioning these sounds for a while now. when the fan is on, and i shut the rig off, after about 10 seconds or so, theres a brblrlbrlbb sound. my guess is its a dry bearing or bushing in the heater fan.
  5. R

01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion

heres a picture of the method we used. basically copied a GM, or modern ford. and a pic of the finished product. now the box is as high as my forehead. and i'm 5'8" for the record.
  6. R

heres a latest updated pictures of my trac. with rear SOA job done this past friday. new 36" tsl bias on 10"wide keystones
  7. R

did an SOA job on my trac this friday, and well.. i must say.. its quite successful. now my truck sits like its ready for a full pull. i will post pictures later on today.
  8. R

its just not the same without the swampers... :(
  9. R

32x10.5 hercules trail digger on stock rims. truck looks like its on stilts. ahaha :D
  10. R

heres my last day before the winter tires get put on. gonna miss the sound and feel of these monsters...
  11. R

my truck fit my 36's easily with the superlift and BL with very slight trimming due to them damn three stage lugs... i just added the shackles and turned the torsions up alittle just to even the whole thing out. i never crank torsions. i find it a waste of comfort. but with super swampers...
  12. R

Anyone running a front mounted receiver hitch?

i have a front receiver hitch on my trac. bought it at the local autoparts store for less then 200bones it adds a nice touch to the vehicle and i have used it many times. i really enjoy it, and knowing how flimsy the front frame horns are on these trucks, it bolts them both together and acts...
  13. R

heres my trim job. how noticeable is it? i only did alittle trim job, and yet the passenger side makes a slight tickticktick sound when i lock the steering. good ole 36's thumpin my cab.
  14. R

not really. just some minor plastic trimming by the rockers, and i had to fold over the lip on the cab. not much at all. heres a pic from earlier today. just another weekend for me.
  15. R

Hid headlights

i've been running the cheap chinese ebay HIDs for 5 years and counting. 8000k hi/lo with harness. added 3000k fog lights alittle over a year ago, no issues with them either, and theyre exposed to whatever my swampers toss at them.
  16. R

you wouldnt believe the amount of goose poop i had to step in, just to get that picture... it was horrible.
  17. R

havent been on this site in a long time. i figured i'd add a fall image.
  18. R

heres an up to date pic of my thing. thanks for the stickers!
  19. R

hey rebel. mine already has the add a leaf and a massive helper. its got 6leafs total now in each pack. and its still settling like crazy. i'm speculating chinese metal. but a shackle lift is what i'm looking for next. just to get it back up in the air.
  20. R

i have taken it off road many times. its not the greatest. no flex at all in the front end, and rear is stiff with the new leafs.
  21. R

WP Warrior part number #153? ok sounds good. i'll check that out tomorrow. the front receiver hitch is bolt on. made by drawtite. and thanks guys, i worked my ass off getting my ST to where it is now. the 36's have alittle bit of tire rub, but thats because i turned my torsions down. i only...
  22. R

thanks guys! i'm looking for a shackle lift for it now. just wondering which company is good?
  23. R

heres a comparison to my neighbour's stock trac. i think it looks alittle bigger.
Back