Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Timing chain work

you can upload your pictures to photobucket for free and then post the img link here
  2. D

Please Help, wont start

Have a look at this youtube video for help on finding an active short http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZrCrBx4uFY
  3. D

95 Explorer 4.0 Want Start

try removing your battery terminals and giving them a clean had this problem on another car before just dirty connections
  4. D

Coolant Problem

been and checked mine and is now working like it should again normal temps etc, must have had an air lock.
  5. D

Coolant Problem

I ran mine with no thermostat for a few days while i had to wait for one to come in. Didn't have any warmth and even after a 20 mile run to a hospital appointment i was able to remove the rad cap with no blow or pressure and rad was luke warm.
  6. D

Coolant Problem

I have a similar problem with my 97 explorer. temp gauge only went to halfway but had no heating in the car checked the heater hoses and rad hoses. heater ones were warm and top rad was hot, lower was cold. So i changed out the thermostat was fine for a couple of days then did the same today...
  7. D

engine got wet now wont start

If the water was deep, pull the spark plugs out, and turn it over, then the water will come out to plug holes, sounds like you sucked up water, hopefully you are lucky and done no damage to the engine. Try turning the crank with a socket first before pulling plugs.
  8. D

Lower Ball Joint Replacement How To (lots of Pictures)

you can replace just the ball joints
  9. D

droning steering rack

Bump anyone got any ideas please
  10. D

Electrical, alternator no output? Wiring? searched threads no lights windows etc

alternator will charge at near 14v when running anything below 13v is no good
  11. D

droning steering rack

Hi All Got a noise on my steering, it does it at stand still and when turning right, but only near full lock, I have been having a look today the rack is solid as is everything else, when on near full lock the inside of the rack seems to raise, almost like the internal part is bent, the...
  12. D

Very odd, beats me, but may be easy to you, take a look!

good to hear you are sorted mate, nice result.
  13. D

Very odd, beats me, but may be easy to you, take a look!

that is definatly a core/welsh plug. i always replace them and smear a small amount of sealant around it before fitting. good luck in sorting it.
  14. D

Help! Rounded spark plug!

how about seeing as the ceramic has gone, why not use a wheel nut remover the type they use with the left handed head inside, it will tighten onto the plug and should wind it out. I have never tried this but have thought about doing it before.
  15. D

Groaning noise

i dont suppose anyone might have an idea replaced the antiroll bar bushes and drop links today, will see what happens after that as they were knackered. any advice would be appricated. thanks Nathan
  16. D

Groaning noise

Hi all, i have a 1997 4.0 explorer, if i turn the wheel to a right hand lock, when i get near full lock i get a groaning noise from the steering, if i rock the steering wheel it does it a few times then stops, but it does it when moving away on a turn but only at slow speeds and doesn't do it in...
  17. D

Hi from the UK

many thanks for the welcome and saying about the uk forum
  18. D

Hi from the UK

Many thanks for the welcome guys
  19. D

Hi from the UK

Hi All From the uk here and have a 97 explorer, few things to sort on it, but great to drive and comfy on my back lol. Nathan
Back