Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

all black emblems installed

Isn't one of the points of driving a Ford to display the blue oval or FORD loud and proud? Switch it back!
  2. T

4-Wheelin in Long Island NY (pics)

I am gonna guess that my stock '11 XLT is not suitable for these types of runs?
  3. T

GWNF Run: Early-Mid December 2011

Any of these types of events going on in the NYC metro area?
  4. T

Fix for Streaking Windows!!!

I had mine in about 3 weeks ago for the streaks and the issue regarding burnt oil smell leaking into the AC vents. The dealership told me they completely took apart both door panels and cleaned out the substance. I was skeptical at first, but I have not had an issue since. As for the smell...
  5. T

Magnaflow Catback installed...

I spoke with a tech at flowmaster today - they are not currently making a full exhaust kit for the 11 EX . He recommended the 50 series delta flow muffler - I checked out some vids for it on YouTube - sounds pretty sweet. He did mention that cabin noise may be elevated.
  6. T

Magnaflow Catback installed...

I like what you have done here. I am looking for more of a low throaty sound - any recommendations? Also, what effect would adding a mod exhaust have on my warranty? If any.
  7. T

Ford's quality ranking

I'm aware of that name. Just didn't think someone as loyal to ford as you appear to be would bring it up.
  8. T

Ford's quality ranking

I believe the bulk or apple hardware is made in china. Did you just have a Freudian slip? You said EXPLODER. If not - that's one of the funniest typos I've ever seen. Also - I can say positive things about my EX. The mpg is very impressive - I drive about 80 miles a day. The...
  9. T

Ford's quality ranking

Also - with regard to smartphones. I have a 32gb Apple iPhone 3gs. I've had it for thee years and I havent had ONE problem with it. There's a reason why apple is one of the best companies in the world - they make products that WORK.
  10. T

Ford's quality ranking

By the way, does anyone know how long it takes to download the new sync update to a USB drive?
  11. T

Ford's quality ranking

Sorry i compared Ford to Lexus. The comparison is that there is no comparison. History shows that japanese car makers make more reliable vehicles. There is no arguing against that. If you honestly think i have nothing better to do than to join a forum and pretend i own a ford, well, than...
  12. T

Ford's quality ranking

The fact that you had to bring a 40k+ vehicle back to the dealership several times should tell you something. When i buy something for that amount of money i expect it to work PERFECTLY. If you go out and buy a Lexus, do you think you'll be going back to the service department of the dealership...
  13. T

Ford's quality ranking

Looks wise there's no comparison , the EX wins. However I'd rather not have my second home be a ford dealership.
  14. T

Ford's quality ranking

We are considering either the 12 highlander or Camry. I absolutely love my EX - but I'm not sure how much longer I want to be going back to the Dealerahip once a month. What's the likelihood that I can drive the EX 150k without having major mechanical or computer problems? Im pretty confident I...
  15. T

Ford's quality ranking

CR report Has anyone considered returning or trading in the vehicle? I am seriously considering it, for a Toyota. I have had the EX for 6 months and it has been back at the dealer 5 times. Now a headlight is out (not a huge deal) ..... however, you do not expect these types of things to occur...
  16. T

Are Maintenance Plans Worth It?

Oil Life I drive roughly 400 miles a week. Some stop and go traffic. Mostly highway. I was changing the oil in my previous vehicle every 5k miles and that seemed to work. However that was a passenger car. I live in the Northeast. With as much driving as i do, should i change every 3-4k? I...
  17. T

Are Maintenance Plans Worth It?

Oil Life - Anyone recommend when an oil change should be done? I am at 4600+ miles and 56% oil life. Thanks.
  18. T

Sync Schedueled Maintenance Black Screen of Death

Not sure about the build date. How can I find that out. Why do you ask?
  19. T

All - I took the truck in this morning for service. I never tried the fuse pull. I'm not to handy when it comes to any vehicles. They replaced what they called a faulty APIM module, and they updated the software to the latest version. It's working so far, but I only drove it from the dealer to...
  20. T

No idea which version I am running. How do I upgrade, is that done at the dealership as well?
  21. T

Just checked that general area and this is what i see ..... a whole bunch of wires out in the open attached to one another and a small plastic black box. are the fuses located within that box? If so, how is it opened? I know very little about this stuff. thanks.
  22. T

Sync Schedueled Maintenance Black Screen of Death I am sure this has been posted before. Yesterday when I started my explorer, a schedueled maintenance event popped up on my touch screen. The "maintenance" never fully completes, the blue oval pops up on the screen, and than we go to black...
  23. T

Sync Schedueled Maintenance Black Screen of Death I am sure this has been posted before...

Sync Schedueled Maintenance Black Screen of Death I am sure this has been posted before. Yesterday when I started my explorer, a schedueled maintenance event popped up on my touch screen. The "maintenance" never fully completes, the blue oval pops up on the screen, and than we go to black...
  24. T

Ford Explorer Cross Bars / Roof Rack

still EXPLORING I am still exploring my options for crossbars. Can anyone shed any light on Thule? I am now considering adding the Thule 450 crossroad with load stops. Any feedback? Thanks.
  25. T

Ford Explorer Cross Bars / Roof Rack

Thanks, I will try both. Here's another dumb question - if I did not have a trailer package installed, is there anyway I can do it myself?
Back