Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Help needed with 4x4 on a 1992 Explorer.

so im think that the stop in the motor is not the vacuum operated CAD(center axle disconnect). I need to know where to find it. cuz i really think that is what i need to fix.
  2. E

ok so i need to take the motor apart and look at it. hummmmm I can get one off the parts explorer to for 30.00..... ok going to work on it now thank you soooooooo much. i will let you guys know what happens...... :rolleyes:
  3. E

after reading over everything here I guess i could be the vacuum operated CAD(center axle disconnect).... now where do i find this on the explorer and how do i fix it. I have found a explorer this guy is parting out. I just need to know what and where i am looking for this vacuum operated...
  4. E

ok i took off the motor and looked at where it was pointed. it was pointed to 2WH. we turned the shaft at first it would not turn the tires at all. turned it a little more it clicked and now it is out of 4x4. finely!!!!!!! but now when i push the button the motor will not move. I took the motor...
  5. E

ok I will start with doing all that. Thank you so much with your help, I will keep you posted. I have the day off tomorrow so I will be working on it.
  6. E

I have it up on blocks so all 4 wheels are off the ground. All 4 tires turn and when i push the button on the dash I hear nothing happen and the light does not come on at all.
  7. E

I just got this 92 explorer. I tried the 4x4 out and now it is stuck in 4x4 but the light on the dash is off. I did the test on the thing in the back and the light blinks 3 time. My other half want to put manual hubs on it. Is this good or bad? how do you do it? Thanks Etta
Back