Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Double Stroller at the back with the 3rd row seat up

How about the "ultimate" in dealer/customer satisfaction - Have the dealer drive an XLT out to you so you see if it fits for yourself! :D
  2. R

SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal

Just renewed my subscription and got just under $92 for the year. This is after I called to cancel my auto-renew and mentioned that the price they were charging was simply not worth it since my wife only listens to a couple of channels. Compared to what I got last year, it's about $6 more -...
  3. R

New Navigation Card? (A4)

Holy smokes! Ordered the A4 card yesterday, and it was here this afternoon!
  4. R

Power Liftgate

Hey guys, Just wanted to give you an update. I took the Ex to our dealer last week and they (hopefully) fixed the liftgate problem. I believe the service manager did the recommended TSB fix since my problem sounded similar to what was described in the TSB. Oddly enough, the temps have been...
  5. R

Power Liftgate

Thanks, Crystal! I have not had a chance to take my Ex to the dealer yet. I plan to schedule a visit as soon as we get back from our road trip (probably 01/02). I'll keep you guys posted on the outcome. Blwnsmoke - Tried your recommendation to cycle the liftgate settings from the dashboard...
  6. R

Power Liftgate

No, I was thinking the 1 year unlimited.
  7. R

Power Liftgate

Not sure if this is what you guys are referring to, but I recently started noticing this problem. We're on on a road trip at the moment, and the temps have been in the high 30s to mid 40s. Sorry for the "jerkiness" of the video, but this is the second night it has done this and it is...
  8. R

Valentine One Problems

I have a V1, and it is currently in our '12 Ex. No problems with an intermittent signal of K. I had it through all filter levels, A, l, L. Sounds like you tried swapping with a different vehicle to isolate the problem to your Ex? I will say that Valentine's customer service is excellent. I...
  9. R

MFT Update

Thanks for the response Crosswind. Did you have the dealer install 3.5.1, or did you update yourself? I've thought about trying to download the files to another USB stick and re-try the install. However, I am unable to access the files from the SMR website. I'm wondering if I can simply "copy...
  10. R

MFT Update

Hi guys & gals- Just "installed" MFT v. 3.2.2. I say "installed" because I received an error message at the very end saying, "Installation Failed. XXXX file is corrupt...." <Sorry, should have grabbed a screen shot> When pushed the "ok" button, everything seemed to load correctly. I cycled...
  11. R

Ford Explorer Cross Bars / Roof Rack

Not sure how many of you guys decided to put crossbars on yourself (or had difficulty doing so), but thought I would share my experience from today's install. Most of it is pretty straight forward, but for those of you who are still undecided and are wondering what everything entails, hopefully...
  12. R

Caution: Expanding Foam

Congrats on the new kiddo! I had the rain TSB applied last week, but minus the bad foam experience. However, after my service adviser did inform me that I was the first person to come in and complain about the tin can sound. Also, he said that actually applying the foam and performing the...
  13. R

I was able to negotiate the $77/year offer WITHOUT letting my subscription expire. I just called the renewal number and asked about their offers. Once the guy was done giving his pitch, I said I received an "email" about the $77/year. He put me on hold for about 5 minutes and came back and said...
  14. R

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

Got mine in the mail today. :D Mesa, AZ MY'12 *** Update *** Installed the MFT update this afternoon; took just under an hour. No problems during installation. I had the X parked in the garage, and a box fan pointed towards the radiator with the engine hood open. My advise (and also...
  15. R

Thanks for the "help" thread guys! My original renewal from Sirius was $144.90/1 year. After reading on this forum, I called Sirus tonight and asked about $77/1 year. I had to be put on hold for a few minutes, but just when I thought I had been hung up on, the rep came back and said they would...
  16. R

Radar detector tips/ suggestions?

I don't remember how much I paid for my V1, but I purchased it direct from Valentine.
  17. R

Radar detector tips/ suggestions?

I use a Valentine 1 (V1) and have it mounted just above, and slightly to the left of the rear view mirror. I personally like have the unit mounted high so that it's harder to see for the people behind me. As far as wiring, the V1 uses a standard telephone cord (RJ-11?). Since the X is the...
  18. R

Have items been fixed on MY 2012?

So here's my write-up/response. Just as background info, we have a 2012 XLT, V6, 205A package with BLISS, NAV system, and tow package. We have just over 1900 miles and drive a mix between freeway and surface streets. We took ownership around the 9/20/11 time frame. This is my wife's vehicle...
  19. R

black screen death got me

This exact same thing just happened to my wife this morning as she was leaving the house to meet friend. She said when she started the vehicle, the MFT started up like normal (white screen), and then went blank. Then it had a "boot screen." After about 3 minutes, she said everything started...
  20. R

BLIS option

Yes, you can get a 2012 Explorer XLT with the BLIS option. My wife and I are picking up a new XLT with BLIS already on it.
Back