Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Stuck in 4 x4 please please help me ?

I have just noticed a broken vacuum pipe in the engine bay, there isn't a chance that this could be part or all of the problem could it ? I read somewhere that the solonoid was vacuum operated ? I will get the vacuum pipe fixed today if I get chance, I have all the airfilter and inlet tube off...
  2. T

please help me stuck in 4x4 ?

Thanks guys if you remove the shift motor you end up with neutral that's it. we looked for wires going into the transfer box, we cut a grey wire, it did nothing, we re attached said wire, we found a brown wire under the passenger seat, cut that and nothing, we re attached it, we have been told...
  3. T

sorry for the delay not been very well. can I not pull a fuse to cut the power and set the truck into 2 wheel drive ? thanks keith
  4. T

Ok so my 97 4.0L Explorer is stuck in 4 wheels high, my mate came round yesterday to have a go at fixing it or if not being able to fix it to leave it in 2 wheel drive so I can at least use it, as i'm disabled and need the truck. he got as far as removing the 4x4 motor to find the plate behind...
  5. T

Stuck in 4 x4 please please help me ?

Ok so my 97 4.0L Explorer is stuck in 4 wheels high, my mate came round yesterday to have a go at fixing it or if not being able to fix it to leave it in 2 wheel drive so I can at least use it, as i'm disabled and need the truck. he got as far as removing the 4x4 motor to find the plate behind...
  6. T

Is this a transfer box problem ? help please?

thanks guys that is a big help
  7. T

can you manually take it out of 4wd ? i was told there was an electric motor that you can remove and manually wind it back into 2 wheel drive ?
  8. T

just done that today so will see what happens later, thing is the 4wd light isn't staying on, it goes off when you switch to auto ?
  9. T

Hi guys, last week the 4.0L 97 explorer of mine failed it's m.o.t. it needed welding around the bottom of the left hand wheel well/sill area, this was completed and it then passed it's m.o.t. then the day after when I wen't for a drive as I turned out of the drive there was a terrible juddering...
  10. T

worrying problem ? help needed please

ok m.o.t is an anual government inspection in the UK the welding was just bodywork, done a search and a few ideas cropped up, like i said it feels like in slow tight turns the rear diff is locked up, some suggest an ARC reset what ever that means ? during the mot they test brakes steering etc...
  11. T

worrying problem ? help needed please

Hi guys, last week the 4.0L 97 explorer of mine failed it's m.o.t. it needed welding around the bottom of the left hand wheel well/sill area, this was completed and it then passed it's m.o.t. then the day after when I wen't for a drive as I turned out of the drive there was a terrible juddering...
  12. T

4 wheel shift question ?

thanks guys wil try it out
  13. T

4 wheel shift question ?

Thanks but that's the thing how do I check to see if it's engaging ?
  14. T

4 wheel shift question ?

When I turn the switch for the 4 wheel drive all that seems to happen is the 4 wheel drive light comes on ? my friends makes a "clunk" on his ex ? mine is a 1997 ex 4x4 ? could this mean it's not engaging the 4 wheel drive system ? and if so how do i test it ? is this a bad thing or an easy fix...
  15. T

replacment shocks which ones

ok guys I would like to replace mu shocks, now I live in the UK so I am not sure what's available over here, anyway is it best/worthwhile replacing my shocks like for like, i.e using OEM shocks or is it better to junk the air suspension on the rear and replace with normal shock's ? I must admit...
  16. T

tracking settings with 1 1/2" lift ?

can anyone tell me what the correct settings are for the tracking with 1 1/2" lift using the torsion bar and rear shackles ? thanks
  17. T

Warrior 153 shackles install with pics

On the warrior kit ? as I am making my own shackles can anyone tell me what size are the bolts ? I would like to get new ones before I start the job and do they need to be High Tensile steel bolts ? mines a pain as there is a towbar fitted obscuring the top bolt and stopping it sliding...
  18. T

Torsion twist for dummies! (pics included)

sorry to be a pain but I want to get this right first time, 1: the bottom measurement i.e. the 3.8" is that from the outside or the inside of the two long plates ? 2: what size are the bolts ? I would like to get new ones before I start the job and do they need to be High Tensile steel bolts...
  19. T

that's excellent thank you very much
  20. T

just 2 more questions please 1: the diameter of the 4 holes ? 2: total lift provided by this shackle? thanks Keith
  21. T

fantastic you guys are top notch thanks
  22. T

A question please. if you do say a 1 1/2" TT lift on the front how do i get the same lift on the rear so as to keep the truck level please ? p.s I live in the UK and have a 97 explorer 4wd thanks Keith
  23. T

Tyre sizes

i have just bought the infinity's @ £299 delivered, will let you know how i get on with them, they look huge in the hall way of the house :( i hope they will fit OK :rolleyes: i went for the 265/70/16 as they didn't do them in 255. I need a new hub fitting first on my 97 ex and the wheel...
  24. T

front wheel play

thanks, that would make sense
Back