Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2004 Ford Explorer Transmission issue

I have a '04 Explorer and the transmission needs to be replaced. How do I find out which one is the exact one to buy? Can you find out by just the VIN#?
  2. T

Help with scanning for codes

Hi, I am trying to scan my 95 Explorer for codes (check engine light is on) and I have a scanner that I am using under the hood of the truck, not under the steering wheel. It keeps saying to check if key is on (it is) and that there is no data. All the fuses are ok and I can't figure this...
  3. T

1995 Explorer XLT. Low fuel pressure.

Hi, I am at a complete loss, I have changed the fuel pump(twice incase it was bad fuel pump), fuel filter and the fuel pressure regulator. I am still getting a reading of 10PSI. Any suggestions?????? Thanks, Terro
  4. T

Hi, Ok, so the fuel pump and filter have both been replaced and I am still having the same problem. I hooked up the fuel pressure gauge and got a reading of 10 PSI while running. What should it be? I know that the fuel lines are not clogged. Does the reading of the 10PSI mean that the...
  5. T

I did change fuel filter when I changed fuel pump 2 days ago. I felt for wires behind the OBD plug and saw the pins for them when I looked at it. I did feel a few wires coming out of the back of plug. I have already put cleaner in the tank. Should I do a second one? I am borrowing a fuel...
  6. T

The truck starts and runs, stumbles and/or dies when you step on the gas pedal. I don't have a gauge to put on it, but when you push the schrader valve plenty of fuel sprays out and the fuel pressure regulator is right after the schrader valve in the fuel rail. Is it possible that the...
  7. T

Hi, I would like to know if the truck is running and you unplug the fuel pump relay, should the vehicle stay running or should it stall out? I am having problem with truck and already replaced fuel pump, filter and am trying to find out if the problem is the relay or the fuel pressure...
Back