Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Question about IPOD

Thanks for the responses!
  2. J

Tin Roof Rain noise.

I also had mine done a few weeks ago. I'm assuming I was the first person to have it completed because the service guy knew nothing of the TSB until I showed him what I printed from the internet. I had no issues with anything getting stained or ripped/broken. I also had 3 other TSB's completed...
  3. J

Question about IPOD

I was thinking about buying an IPOD so I could use it to play music in my Explorer. From only the few posts that I have read, it seems that everytime you plug in your IPOD it downloads your music again, which seems to be a lengthy process. I tried going to the Sync My Ride website but the...
  4. J

Tin Roof Rain noise.

Peterk9: Well thats the thing, you haven't experienced it. I've owned and rode in many different vehicles in my life. I've never heard such a loud "tin roof" sound in a car before. Like people before me have said, it sounds like a tin roof or drum. And its loud. Trust me, if you experienced it...
  5. J

Tin Roof Rain noise.

The first post on this was Feb 5th. It seems that in 5 months nothing has been said or done about the problem from Ford. I recently bought the Explorer, even after my wife tried to talk me out of it. Yesterday we were driving together when it started raining and had the loud pinging noise of the...
  6. J

Finding Factory Door Code (Securicode)

fantom.....try a google search and see if you can find the answer with that. I search quiet a bit and saw a lot of info for other Explorers and where to find the code. It seems with different years, you have to look in different areas. good luck!
  7. J

Peeling Trim A-Pillar

A Pillar Sticker Bubble???? Bought my Explorer over a week ago. I noticed on the driver side door, which meets the A pillar (parallel with), a air bubble half way up. I tried to use my nail and a credit card to push the air bubble to the edge and also to smooth it out, but its not working. Has...
  8. J

How old are the 2011 owners?

34! I'm a Police Officer and my Department is suppose to switch over to all Explorer's in following years. We have 2 on order for this year and should be getting only Explorers for the next several years. So I'm hoping in just a few years my personal and work vehicle will both be Explorers!!!
  9. J

peter....first off, are you a Police Officer? just asking since you have K-9 after your name. 2nd....I found the 5 digit number that I need to unlock my Explorer. Hopefully this info will help anyone else in the future who may need it. I looked under where the gas and brake pedals are...
  10. J

Peter: Attached to both sets of keys was a small piece of paper with a barcode, FCC and IC number, I'm assuming that isn't what your talking about?
  11. J

Thanks Peter, been browsing the forums for a few months. I checked the owners manual and it wasn't there. I believe the dealership missed placed it as my Explorer was the floor model when I purchased it. I'm assuming all the paperwork was put somewhere so no one would take it and the card...
  12. J

Keyless Entry, Find Number This past weekend I purchased an Explorer. Long story short I was signing the paperwork for the car as the dealership was already closed and I was sort of in a rush. The Explorer I purchased was being used as the floor model in the showroom and the keyless entry card...
Back