Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

If you want, I already went down this path....my dealer ended up buying it back NOT Ford. Contact Patrick Law Firm in DFW. Craig Patrick used to be on the legal staff at Ford. He specializes in Lemon Law cases against Ford. 214-665-9510 www.craigpatricklaw.com Good luck. RR
  2. R

Totally agree and I we were denied to speak to the "factory tech" who inspected our car and said "Normal for this car" Well he was right...it is normal for this car. Seems EVERYONE has the same issue. That said, had me and wife been allowed to ride with them with our cell phones...
  3. R

I truly feel for those here that are having the same issues we had. Cory, I have to ask this but someone by now at Ford is taking a larger look at this issue. This doesn't appear to be an isolated issue on a few cars. I suspect there are a good number of EX's out there and the owners just...
  4. R

BTW folks I have a set of WeatherTech's for front and second row if anyone wants them They are practically brand new given we didn't have the car that long. Send me a pm if interested. Black in color.
  5. R

Well folks, today was a good day. After 47 days in the shop, the dealer did the right thing. They bought back our 2011 EX. To Date, the wind noise and pillar rattle have never been resolved. New this week, the windows came off track and wouldn't roll up. That was pretty much the...
  6. R

Wind wistle

The new EX is starting out almost as bad as the 6.0 SuperDuty's.
  7. R

A Pillar Rattle is an easy fix, the wind noise that I have will seem to take an Act of Congress to fix.
  8. R

Cory, I dont' know who that is, Latoya or the local folks. We left 3 messages since Thursday asking for an update. Starting to get the run around with folks. The Operations Manager at the dealership said he was personally going to fix the car and test it, yet he was on vacation while another...
  9. R

Wind wistle

The dealership has had the car now for 33 days. I feel they are trying to force us to drive this car with all the band aids on it. I am not satisfied with Ford on this. We are loyal Ford Owners. Having had 2 F150's, 1 Mountaineer, 1 Expedition, and I drive a King Ranch F250. Ford could be...
  10. R

The dealership has had the car now for 33 days. I feel they are trying to force us to drive this car with all the band aids on it. So we have contacted at Texas Lemon Law attorney. I am not satisfied with Ford on this. We are loyal Ford Owners. Having had 2 F150's, 1 Mountaineer, 1...
  11. R

Wind wistle

I hope a reseal works for you, they tried that on mine already. It only changed the location of the whistle to closer to the driver now.
  12. R

From another thread. Update on the wind noise. Dealership called today said the car was ready. I so I was in the area so I stopped in to take a test drive. So got on the highway and it has improved slightly but at 70 it shows up again and now its in a different location. Now its...
  13. R

Wind wistle

Update on the wind noise. Dealership called today said the car was ready. I so I was in the area so I stopped in to take a test drive. So got on the highway and it has improved slightly but at 70 it shows up again and now its in a different location. Now its right infront of the driver...
  14. R

Wind wistle

Well this car must be f in cursed or something. When I showed up home from work 30 min ago the EX was sitting in the driveway and the guy was talking to my wife. He said they feel it is fixed but if we are not satisfied they will keep working on it. Then as he is about to give us the keys...
  15. R

Wind wistle

Well, our dealership came and picked the car last Thursday and the Head of Operations was personally going to work on the car. They tried to give us some crap about the noise only happens when driving East and West...I proved that theory wrong when i told the tech to ride with me. At 35 mph...
  16. R

Popping noises when turning?

No Cory, that was my error. I posed a comment but it didn't belong in this thread.
  17. R

nice! Glad to have helped. I suppose it made sense to them once they pulled the skin off. Did you see what the parts looked like?
  18. R

some of that is called "rattle tape" per the paper work that was sent. Ford is now coming to get the car from my wifes work on Thursday and dropping off another loaner car. So far the car has been in the shop for 37 days.
  19. R

Actually we are back to square one. My wife finally got to drive the car on a highway, at 35 miles per hour, the noise starts, then at 60 the parts fly off the car. Needless to say, this is totally unacceptable. We are at a point that we would like Ford to take the car back. After...
  20. R

you bet Cory! Thanks for helping us...it has been invaluable!
  21. R

I had this posted in another thread. Well, we got our EX back from the dealer. They fixed the paint (repainted the rear QTR panel) it looks great. got the sycn fixed, and fixed the popping sound when turning. The main reason they car went in was for the wind noise. So after almost...
  22. R

Wind wistle

Well...my wife took our EX back to the dealer, but I got a call, they couldn't do a test drive tonight....so now I have to take a half day off work to meet them up there again on Tuesday to take a test drive. Post more later.
  23. R

There is a member here who works in the "social media" group, if you find him, he can get your to the right person. Check the Wind Noise Thread.
  24. R

Wind wistle

Well, we got our EX back from the dealer. They fixed the paint (repainted the rear QTR panel) it looks great. got the sycn fixed, and fixed the popping sound when turning. The main reason they car went in was for the wind noise. So after almost 2 weeks in the shop, we got the car back...and...
Back