Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Help with blend door

I'm honestly looking for the quickest, cheapest, and easiest way to get AC only. I'm not mechanically inclined enough to remove the dash or the heater core. Plus I only paid $1k for the truck and I don't want to pay a mechanic to do any extensive repairs.
  2. S

Help with blend door

Hey produce man, are you sure you "pulled" the door open? I feel like mine is closed and I have to "push" it open (like I'm pushing it towards the passenger side of the dash) And masospaghetti, I'm trying to do it the cheapest, quickest way. We're moving to Florida in a couple of months and I...
  3. S

Help with blend door

I just attempted to do the blend door repair in my '00 XLT. I reached inside and can feel the door but mine doesn't just swing open or closed. It feels like it's being forced in the closed position. Should I wedge it open if I only need AC? What did you guys use to keep that door open?
  4. S

body mounts are gone! 2002 sport

I've got question relating to this issue. I have the same problem on my 00 XLT. I just need to know if these mounts being bad will cause any other damage to the truck? I only need to get about 7 more months out of the truck before I plan on getting a new one so I really don't want to put...
  5. S

Any Recommendation for Shock Absorbers?

I just saw a set of four shocks for $100 on 1AAuto.com Any thoughts on those? I'm sure they're not great but I'm just trying to get one more year out of my truck. The way it rides now I feel like the entire suspension is gonna fall out on a small pothole.
  6. S

AC compressor cuts off

Ok, I've got a 2000 XLT 5.0 and the AC compressor works gine but completely cuts off as soon as I give it as any throttle. Can anyone tell me why this would happen? Is it the WOT relay, vacuum leak, bad compressor, or something else? This is a big problem b/c I'm moving down to...
  7. S

4wd versus AWD

I just bought a 2000 XLT AWD about three months ago. I was very nervous because the only reason I wanted a truck was to go on the beach and surf fish. Now I don't know anything about trucks (this is my first truck) but for $1000 I had to grab it. I have been on the beach twice and it seems to...
  8. S

Aiming Headlights

Hey, I just bought my first truck, a 2000 Explorer V8 AWD. When I went to adjust the headlights (they were blinding every person in front of me), I did not see any adjustment parts under those flaps on the radiator cover. I ended up having to take the whole grille off to get to the...
  9. S

Help with my "new".truck

Hey guys, I just bought my first truck, a 2000 XLT AWD Explorer. I bought it knowing there are a bunch of issues, but for $1000 I couldn't pass it up. Ok, to the first problem. My AC doesn't work due to a crushed condenser. That will be addressed later. But when I turn the vents on...
Back