Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. JohnnyDop

Water around overhead console

I also had my windshield replaced. Has to be that right?
  2. JohnnyDop

Hi Peter, In the past, the rear leak did cause water to pool in the spare tire well.
  3. JohnnyDop

2012 with Dual Panel Moonroof and Factory Roof Rails, 130k I have a leak. About 70% of rain events cause the leak. The water drips from the driver and sometimes passenger center overhead lights. Recently, after a 10 hour rain event the water must have gotten behind the center console bc the...
  4. JohnnyDop

Time for tires

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, Dynap should have read Dynapro 226. What would you recommend? I just want a similar ride and the same all season treads.
  5. JohnnyDop

Time for tires

I have a 2012 Limited with its second set of Hankook Optimo H426 P255/50R20 that need to be replaced. I'm told that if anyone has those tires, they are probably old inventory that has been sitting for a while. Is that true and does Hankook not make them anymore? If so, what brand is most...
  6. JohnnyDop

Keyless entry (Securicode) pad comes off

While on the highway the keypad panel fell out and was dangling by the connector. Luckily my wife had some 3M tape and stuck it back in to keep it in place. I asked the dealer and they said it was a $500 job because the part is expensive and the labor to install. They said the inside of the...
  7. JohnnyDop

Transmission "bump" aka "hard shifting" TSB

Brought it in. All 6 spark plugs and 2 cylinder coils had to be replaced. Wife said it purred like a kitty when she brought it home. Thankfully it wasnt the transmission. Thanks for all your help on this.
  8. JohnnyDop

I did some testing and the tugging seems to happen when i 5th and 6th gear and when you accelerate while the engine is at 1.5K RPM. I really dont see it happening when starting out from a full stop since the engine goes right passed 1.5K RPM and stays up there until I'm at a cruising at a...
  9. JohnnyDop

No codes. Just crossed 100k. Fluid changes mostly per the Ford oil change appointments. Also would a tranny issue have a code with it?
  10. JohnnyDop

Hi Peter, Thanks for getting back to me. Any idea what the skipping/tugging is? Is it a major issue? Could it be a simple/easy/inexpensive fix? My fear is they are going to tell me the tranny needs to be replaced :censored: .
  11. JohnnyDop

I also have experienced this bump but now i'm noticing another issue. While driving at higher speeds, above 35mph i notice what feels like a tugging. Seems like the transmission is slipping. Seems to happen when you want to accelerate (comparing to just maintaining current speed) or if you go...
  12. JohnnyDop

Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working

Thanks. I just looked at my invoice and it says they installed a new one. Look at the part it proves that if they replaced the panel it would have i would have noticed a new, shiny, and scratch free panel and it would have worked. The new plastic panel would have stood out especially since...
  13. JohnnyDop

Any chance you can snap a picture of it? Thanks.
  14. JohnnyDop

At most it was replaced in April 2016 but could have been done later than that. I'm waiting for my wife to confirm that. She's there now.
  15. JohnnyDop

Thanks for checking. Are points 1 and 3 valid to prove they didnt install it?
  16. JohnnyDop

I ordered the part a long time ago and paid for it. Now Ford is telling me they already installed it which isnt possible since my code only works about 5% of the time. In order for me to prove they didnt replace it I want to: 1. Show them it clearly doesnt work reliably when trying to unlock...
  17. JohnnyDop

My wife had one key fob and the other was left in the Ex. It was unlocked. I went in and because the battery on the fob was weak the Ex didnt recognize the key being in the car so i couldnt start it. I then tried to use the fob to remote start it while i was inside but that didnt work either...
  18. JohnnyDop

Very Frustrated I have a 2012 with 40k miles on it and since day 1 the keypad never worked perfectly but i never expected it to work perfectly because i was never fan of the interface/implementation. Locking the car using 7/8 and 9/0 worked about 60% of the time. When unable to lock the door...
  19. JohnnyDop

Split Armrest Issue

I had the same tear. Dealer replaced the door panel after getting approval from Ford.
  20. JohnnyDop

Build quality on my 2014 Limited.

Poor Excuse Getting the more expensive Limited shouldnt reduce storage space. It boggles my mind that an SUV (U stands of Utility) doesnt have a compartment in the back where one could store items suchs as a pair of gloves, flares, small first aid kit, small umbrella, rope, tools, etc...
  21. JohnnyDop

Rear Bumper Protectors

Anyone have unsticking issues with this? I ordered mine after i got rear ended and figured i'd have the body shop install it for me. Apparently they might not have read the directions and probably installed it either without properly wiping down the bumper or after it got a coat of wax because...
  22. JohnnyDop

2011/12/13 Limited 3rd Row Power Fold Seats

I'll try that tonight. Will also double check to make sure it doesnt rattle when one or both are upright or folded. Thanks Ashley, i'll let you know if i need your help once i get it to the dealer.
  23. JohnnyDop

2011/12/13 Limited 3rd Row Power Fold Seats

3rd Row Seat Rattle When my 3rd row is folded flat I am getting a rattle from the passenger side 3rd row seat. I confirmed it by simple tapping on the folded seat. It makes metal on metal noise with the slightest tap or when driving over the slightest bump. It makes my Ex seem like its 10...
  24. JohnnyDop

3M Crystalline 90

How much did it cost for product and install?
  25. JohnnyDop

2014 explorer already on site

Amazes me everytime i see those colors and how fake they look. Why cant they just take some high quality real world shots instead of manually adding the color and shadowing. Makes no sense.
Back