Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2nd row bench and Car seats

Vehicle shopping Funny enough I am currently looking for a second vehicle and I did bring the car seat with me. Surprisingly I was able to sit comfortably in the 2012 accord and civic with the car seat behind the driver.
  2. T

Thank you for the response Wanted to add that this only works for a single seat, only one car seat can occupy a LATCH anchor. I had thought about this idea too! I may move one seat to the middle position using the seat belt. Thank you to everyone for all the input. Hopefully this...
  3. T

Greetings all, I recently became the father of twins and they are coming home from the hospital. I wanted to post a question to those who may have kids and need to use a car seat. We purchased the Chico keyfit 30 and I went to install them in the explorer. In my XLT we have the second...
  4. T

Cargo area, 3rd row seat back cracks.

Broken cardboard panel Me too, mine broke about at least 4 months ago. Had them look at it when I had the oil change and other TSBs taken care of. They had the truck for a week to do everything on my list and had an upholstery shop look at this broken panel. They said they had to order...
  5. T

Caution: Expanding Foam

Is there a way to tell if the TSB was done? I thought it was just in the roof and not the wheel wells or rear of the vehicle. I asked for this to be done and they said they did it but I can't tell a bit of difference.
  6. T

Transmission Rev

After the video Blwnsmoke, after watching the video, I am sorry to say this is NVH and looks completely normal. The downshift is to aid in slowing the vehicle down/maintain speed and the delay to upshift is just that, a delay. In my newer vehicles, they all do this to avoid shifting to a...
  7. T

Transmission Rev

Another test? After digging through the archives I remember observing similar issues in another vehicle. The only cause for the lights dimming or getting brighter would seem to be the charging system. Also since modern transmissions are electrical, any upset with the charging system would...
  8. T

Transmission Rev

Just a couple quick questions.. Are you really flooring it.. To me your description sounds like the wheels are slipping on wet oily pavement and then the thump happens when they gain traction. Your traction control light would also illuminate. I have done this a few times at red lights. If...
  9. T

Question about IPOD

Good tips Great tips, thank you!!
  10. T

Question about IPOD

SYNC and IPOD indexing issues My experience seems to differ on this. Every time I start the vehicle it indexes my Nano. I have an older Nano that only holds about 180 songs but it takes forever to index them. My commute is only about 20 mins so it never finishes. I just got updated...
  11. T

Oil Change interval

When to do the first oil change Many vehicle motors are run from the factory and often beat on during delivery if your dealer had to go and get a car from another location and didn't flat bed it. That's ok though, don't worry. Proper break in requires seating of piston rings (another...
  12. T

Sync Services vs Navigation Screen

Bad Sync no Nav for u I had previously mentioned this in another thread. I read the features of the car and saw that Sync came with three years of voice navigation which I interpreted as similar to On-Star and hence thought that I didn't need navigation. In hindsight this was a terrible...
  13. T

Greasy front windows?

I would definitely fight that one as having your windows tinted has nothing to do with the issue. Mine are tinted as well and they fixed it no problem.
  14. T

Greasy front windows?

streaky windows I mentioned this to the service manager thinking it was going to be an up hill battle like the A-Pillars and was pleasantly surprised that he was aware of the issue and replaced the parts on all four windows at the same time he did the Pillars. All seems well now. Ford is...
  15. T

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

Just completed my A-pillar fix last week. I just returned from an 800 mile trip where temperatures were as low as 6 degrees. All has been quiet so far. Here's hoping it stays that way...
  16. T

Sync Services and directions

Hi Rebecca, Unfortunately using Mapquest is not a solution. Can you please see to it that this gets on the list of changes to be included in the major update next year? It would also be helpful if people at the call center were instructed to take an extra second to review the directions...
  17. T

Sync Services and directions

I do not have a Nav screen enabled on my XLT. Recently I used the directions feature and spoke with a person. They located the address and sent directions to my Ex with no problem. The directions took us to a Ferry Crossing!? Luckily we did not drive into the water as seen on TV. I...
  18. T

Highway MPG

Cold air is more dense and results in better combustion. That is why they make Cold air intakes and usually the factory intake draws air through a hose routed to a place to capture cooler air. A warm air intake would hurt performance.
  19. T

Highway MPG

MPG 2011 FWD 5800 miles So far 5800 miles using cruise on a 2011 FWD, I have seen between 23-25.x on the highway with relatively flat terrain and constant speed. My city/hwy mix for each fill-up is averaging about 19.5mpg over the life of the vehicle. Towing a trailer from MD through PA to...
  20. T

I can't take credit for anything but consolidating the information from throughout this thread. Videos, part numbers, and part#s were posted by other forum members.
  21. T

well, that was easy, thanks for the help!
  22. T

Quick question, how do I send a PM in this forum? Thanks,
  23. T

video of the flapping noise from A-pillar here. http://www.dropshots.com/chimoman#date/2011-04-17/18:57:14 Also here: http://youtu.be/hdiVa_5TO0w Note: Even though I showed this video to my dealer, he still insisted on trying to duplicate the issue. TSB # 21760 2011 EXPLORER NOISE FROM...
  24. T

I am working my way through this issue as well and would like to use your suggested fix. Can you provide more detailed instructions and a picture or two of the areas that require application of the gasket sealer? Much appreciated,
  25. T

DRL (Daytime Running Lights)

Fogs on with light off I have an XLT and the Fog light work with the switch in the Parking lights mode.
Back