Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Any updates? Today we just notice paint peeling around the windshield
  2. S

"NAV SD Card Fault"

For me, it was determine that the SD card itself was defective. The Ford dealership had used their NAV SD card and the system worked. But the dealership would not replace the card because I brought it online via Ford.com. The dealership advised me to contact the map maker: HERE Customer...
  3. S

"NAV SD Card Fault"

I have been getting the "NAV SD Card Fault" also and disconnected the battery cable but still get the fault. I have a recall appointment on Monday for the following: · FSA Title: SYNC WITH MYFORD MYLINCOLN TOUCH WARRANTY EXTENSION COVERING ACCESSORY PROTOCOL INTERFACE MODULE APIM · Field...
  4. S

Anyone had non-automatic windshield wipers randomly sweep?

My 2011 Explorer just started the phantom wiping every 30 seconds after Jordan Ford in San Antonio fixed the wipers a couple of months ago. The dealer had the vehicle overnight and called this morning with a $240.00 fix.
  5. S

New Navigation Card? (A4)

Had some issues with MFT blacking out and took the vehicle to the dealer be looked at, which they wanted to replace the APIM. Picked up the EX and while driving away I noticed I had no Navigation. Even SYNC wouldn't recognized any voice commands for Navigation. The dealer had updated the...
  6. S

Tire Pressure Monitoring System - TPMS

Had the tire warning and put some air in the tires. Then the warning came back later and after further review. I found a screw/nail in the tire. Two weeks later, the warning came back and another nail in the same tire. Had to tell the Wifey to stop driving it off the paved roads. :D
  7. S

Car keeps locking in car wash?

Had this happen to me last week while the people was dying the vehicle off. I couldn't remember the code to get in and was waiting for my wife to call me back with the code. The owner brought out his magic bag and in about 10 seconds the door was opened. :eek:
  8. S

Broken pigtail antenna

Maybe you can the solder wire instead of the bolting the shark fin? The fin would cover the whole antenna mount.
  9. S

Muffler painted

Looks good. Might do this myself
  10. S

Got the mailed update today

Did not check the mail since last Thursday but it was in the box today. Will install tomorrow. What do we do with the old SD NAV Card? Can they be sold?
  11. S

Worst feature that needs fixing (except MFT)?

No it is not. I even has the dealer look at the other EXs on the lot to find me one. NONE!!!!
  12. S

Worst feature that needs fixing (except MFT)?

How about a "fuse puller tool" in that fuse box? It is just two pieces of plastic with a metal clip. How much to add that to $40,000 vehicle?
  13. S

Ford starts Beta Testing MFT Upgrade

Hope they fix the GPS in big cities issue. Rode around San Francisco last weekend and the MFT lost its !%#@#&$ mind!! Guess it was the tall buildings. Once I left the city it corrected itself.
  14. S

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

I'm also hearing the buzzing sound on highways with cross winds especially going across bridges here in the bay area. We don't hear anything during short distance driving. Took it to the dealer twice in Sunnyvale, CA but they could not reproduce it. Will have to take it back for a third time...
  15. S

311 miles and got Navigation Fault

Hate to say it but that SD & SD card slot is very very very very very very sensitive. If anything bumps against it, you will get that fault. There should be a cover for it.
  16. S

2011 Explorer Aries Bull Bar and Tube Steps installed

Finally attached the Nerf Bars. Took about 2 hours over all over two days. Dropped a bolt inside the frame but I got it out. Looks good and I did not have drill holes.
  17. S

nerf bars color

That was fast. Just received the Oval Nerf Bar S223041-2 (Stainless Steel) from DISCOUNTHITCHANDTRUCKACCESSORIES.com today. Guess I will try to put them on this weekend. :D
  18. S

nerf bars color

Just placed my order for the Aries Offroad The Standard 4 in. Oval Nerf Bar S223041-2 (Stainless Steel). Can't Wait!!
  19. S

Heated seats High setting only gets to 90F?

Could be the seat is the problem. During the summer, the passenger seat AC worked well but the driver's seat barely worked. Turned the EX in and the dealer adjusted the seat or something. Got it back, the seat started to cool, and I could hear the fan blowing from the seat. Didn't realized...
  20. S

MyFord Touch Upgrade Inbound

What is Sirius game finder?
  21. S

Dvd?

Nope Tried this with DVD that came with the EX and was mad that it didn't work. :mad:
Back