Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

High Mileage SOHC's Explorers

high mileage xps i can't complain. my 2000 xlt has 275 and still runs great. replaced rack and pinion or whatever that is, fuel pump,3 fuel filters, u joint, gaskets and stuff. its a work truck now. the steering wheel design was flawed from the start with the controls on flimsy plastic mounts...
  2. R

High Mileage SOHC's Explorers

280 on my 2000 xlt
  3. R

2000 explorer low fuel pressure

i replaced my fuel pump 2 years ago. it's acting up again. suggest you buy the best one available. don't yet know which that is but check the filter first! thanks
  4. R

coolant leak

thanks, i'll check those out and let you know. robert
  5. R

coolant leak

2000 explorer xlt 4L sohc. losing about a pint of antifreeze a day. put in new thermostat, then water pump, then k&w nanotech block repair. as long as i do not run the heater or a/c i get no leaks. as soon as i turn either on antifreeze pours out at the spot where the a/c naturally drips when it...
  6. R

stalling all the time

hopefully this will be the last post to this thread. i finally took it to the shop after i fixed a pinhole leak in the hose and was still getting the po171 and po174 codes. the maf that i installed from "rock auto parts" was defective. the mechanic told me to buy only oem parts when it comes to...
  7. R

stalling all the time

yes it does. i cleaned the iac sensor today, changed the oil, oil and air filter. drained the rest of the gas and put 5 new gal. in. it is running much better with very little black soot in the exhaust. the exhaust water does kind of smell like anti freeze and i have noticed that my overflow...
  8. R

stalling all the time

update; even though the check engine light is not on it is throwing out the codes P0172 and P0175. i'll try the iac valve when i get the time. thanks
  9. R

stalling all the time

since i put the new maf in i have no trouble codes. i was getting "mixture too rich" codes before. when i changed the fuel filter the run out from the filter was black but the gas in the lines was clean. i siphoned out about 8 gal. because i thought i was going to have to drop the tank. that gas...
  10. R

stalling all the time

my 2000 xlt 4.0sohc started to run rough so i replaced maf(2nd one) w/oem reman., car started to act like fuel pump was going out(replaced nov.2010) but after checking pump seems to be ok. fuel pressure test starts and stays(after 5 min.) at 67psi and the tailpipe exhaust liquid is black fluid...
  11. R

small leak under ps cooler

small leak steering box i used the lucas ps stop leak and it worked the first day with 1/2 bottle. thanks very much for the help.
  12. R

driving after ABS light comes on.

replaced speed/ABS sensor yesterday and the light has gone off. the brake pedal still is acting up. i'll give it a couple of cycles before i replace the power brake cylinder. thanks
  13. R

ABS light brakes drop out thanks i'll try that today. let you know.
  14. R

ABS light brakes drop out i appreciate this forum. i have a 2000 xlt w/232,000. replaced tranny fluid and filter yesterday, makes a big difference. my ABS light comes on sporadically. the reader at Autozone(AZ) gave me a c1155 code which they said was the speed sensor on top of the pumpkin on...
  15. R

THANKS i'll give it a shot. robert
  16. R

i have 2000 explorer xlt v6 sohc, 230,000 miles. a small leak at the right boot of the equipment(steering gear ?, tie rods go into it). it sits inside the frame and the power steering cooler is bolted to the top of it. what is this called and is it a seal or do i need to replace the whole thing...
  17. R

No middle blower motor speeds.

replaced resistor i replaced my blower motor resistor yesterday, 2 1/2 hours, located under the hood, passenger side, in the bottom of the blower housing. it is easier to work on if you remove the windshield wash/radiator overflow tank. the low speeds were gone, all that worked was high. every...
  18. R

No middle blower motor speeds.

blower motor try the blower motor resistor.
Back