Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

300 Straight 6 in a ranger

I found a 94 ranger for $600 that I might buy for this project, and just keep my 98 stock for now
  2. 9

The 300 is about 3" longer then a 302. So will putting the radiator in the back work? Ive seen it done on alot of off-road trucks
  3. 9

Good point.....lol And I actually read that thread yesterday, but thanks bro!
  4. 9

Ford 300 Inline 6 into a B2

I was thinking of putting a 300 in my 1998 ranger, how much would that be to build if I did it in my driveway? And nice build, good luck!
  5. 9

I was thinking of putting a 300 Straight 6 with a 4 speed transmission in my 1998 Ranger Ext. I know it will take more time and money then a V8 swap, but everybody has a V8 ranger these days and I want something that nobody has. Im not worried about labor cost, cause me and my buddies can do...
  6. 9

Should I keep it?

I have a 98 ford ranger 3.0l 2wd, but i want a 4wd Ford truck or SUV with a 4.6-5.8l or a lexus sc300 2jz twin turbo, should I keep my ranger or get something else for my birthday next month? what i have: what i want: What should i do? thanks
  7. 9

1998 Ranger

Truck looks really good bro! i wanted to do that to my 3.0l 2wd, but i think im getting a 4wd soon and do a 5.0 swap, what size lift and tires do you have? and is the engine stock?
  8. 9

Is it worth it?

thanks for the advice, i think im just going to find a 5.0 explorer parts car
  9. 9

Is it worth it?

I didnt really know what forum to put this in, but i found a 5.0l 302 from a 1996 f150 for $150(mileage unknown) only problem is a knocking noice(probaly a bent push rod?), is it worth buying and putting it in my 98 ranger? thanks
  10. 9

Transmission keeps kicking in overdrive?

I know, i just need to find every thing for under $600, im going to check the local junk yards for a wrecked mustang gt, mark viii, lincoln ls, crown vic, etc.....with a good motor/trans and all the computers and wiring
  11. 9

thanks, but i need a new tranny anyways for the 4.6 im dropping in it :D my dad said i could drop a 4.6 in it today, i wanted a 5.0 but my dad said its to much for a 16 year old
  12. 9

30x8s or 33x12.5s?

im looking for off-road/street rims and tires, headers, daul exhaust conversion, bumpers (stock but painted[i would paint the bumpers on it now, but the front bumper is bent and i dont like the back bumper]) and headlights, i think ima try jegs, jc whitney, and summit, i forgot about those sites
  13. 9

30x8s or 33x12.5s?

thanks, but i found a chart, putting some 31's on it, but do you know a good site with aftermarket for the ranger?
  14. 9

30x8s or 33x12.5s?

I want to put some 33x12.5s on my 98 ranger 2wd, but i don't know if they will fit with out a lift or not, if they wont fit, will 30x8s work?
  15. 9

Ranger Owners: Show Off Your Truck

my 98 ranger 3.0 auto, my 1st vehicle 1st time off-road, not bad for a 2wd!
  16. 9

I have a 1998 ranger with the 3.0L automatic and the transmission keeps kicking in over drive, i dont know whats wrong with it, how much would it cost to fix? and its slow shifting gears also.
  17. 9

My 98 ranger 2wd off-road

thanks lol, i got the pics up now
  18. 9

how do you post pics? they arent showing up on my screen nevermind, i got it
  19. 9

Before i get to the off-road pics, this is my 98 ranger 3.0l, My dad bought it back in 08 from a older man in his late 70's-early 80s with 85k miles on it for $4,000, not a single problem wrong with it, it now has over 122,000 miles on it, and the only problems are the transmission keeps kicking...
  20. 9

1998 Ranger

what motor does ur ranger have? im trying to get some money for some 33x8 or 33x12 tires, and thanks for the advice! Oh, and im about to make a post with my ranger off-road.
  21. 9

How many miles do you all have?

125,000 miles on my stock 1998 ranger ext. automatic, only problem is transmission, keeps kicking in over drive, but still running strong
  22. 9

1998 Ranger

I have a 1998 Ranger extended cab 3.0L. Its completly stock with 150HP, which isnt very fast. How can I add more HP? I know I can get a K&N air filter, possibly a supercharger(if i get the money), a GF performance chip.....but what else can i do to get more power for cheap? And i was also...
Back