Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

How to fix your dead warning chime module

Wantdeath, Are you referring to the iginition switch module located under the dash or to the ignition key cylinder located in the steering column? Ifound this youtube video on replacing the switch module. Does this module control the warning chime...
  2. B

How to fix your dead warning chime module

Warning chime problem Greetings: I am experiencing a warning chime problem on my 1997 Exp XLT. This chime is normally activated when you either leave the key in the ignition or when you leave the lights on and open the driver door. I am getting this warning chime with the lights off and the key...
  3. B

96 Ex Power Window Bushing Fix with Pics!

Slow power window All, Here is a report back on my repair of the passenger side front window using the procedure posed by Lunchboxx. 1. Disconnect the battery. 2. Remove the inside door panel 3. Remove the speaker 4. Remove the spash shield 5. Disconnect the door light 6. Bag the...
  4. B

I think I've got it. The shoulder bone is connected to the elbow bone, elbow bone is connected to the wrist bone, and the wrist bone is connected to the finger bone. Armature, screw drive, white plastic gear drive, bushings, metal 9 gear, window regulator assembly. and they all go round and...
  5. B

power window problem Hello, would someone please explain what is being fixed on this thread. What is the Dorman part and how does this part relate to "no bushings". Where are the Dorman parts installed? I love the humor, photos, etc, but I am missing what part was installed where to fix the...
  6. B

Help with 05' ford exploer AC...It blows Hot!

Joe, One idea is that your mode control is stuck in heat. There is a solinoid on the right hand side of the center console that can be viewed by dropping the glove box. The reason I know this is because I found out today that mine is broken, but fortunately is stuck in the max ac vent mode...
  7. B

has anyone fixed broken recirculate / fresh door

AC Recirculate Door Problem All, Here is my summary of actions regarding this problem. 1. First I verified that the door was off its hinges and laying in the bottom of the duct box. I was able to stick my fingers into the grill on top of the duct box and feel and move the door. I also...
  8. B

Curtis, Thank you for the quick reply. I'll give it a try again in the morning. I removed all 6 of the screws, but still do not have enough clearance for my fingers. thanks again.
  9. B

Recirculate door problem Greetings. I am a newbie to this forum. I am trying to follow the thread for fixing the a/c recirculate door. Could someone clarify: 1. How do you remove the passenger side cowl grill? Do you have to remove the windshield wiper? Although I can pry up the cowl, it...
Back