Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

in need of some parts...

Last winter i lost it on ice and slid backwards into a corner of a building, almost perfectly center in my tailgate. I need a new rear bumper assembly and a new tailgate. Where is a good place to get good used parts cheap??? Thanks!!
  2. 0

05 Sport trac window problems!!!

I have a 05 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 - All Stock. Currently, none of my windows work except the rear window. It was an irregular problem. Conveniently only acted up on days it would rain, a weeks straight of hot and sunny there was no problem what so ever. Frustrating to say the least. I found...
  3. 0

Ball joints and Control arm questions

Thanks for all the help. The reason i was taking my truck to the dealer was to get a chamber adjustment kit, the inner 2 rows of tread wear smooth leaving the outside almost untouched...once i replace these parts would that correct the problem??
  4. 0

Ball joints and Control arm questions

Took the sport trac to the ford dealer to get a chamber adjustment kit and an alignment done... mechanic had some bad news. After getting it on the rack and doing a pre-alignment check found that it is at .024 and .030 out of a .032 tolerance which apparently means my ball joints are shot on...
  5. 0

performance chips?

Any suggestions on who offers the best performance chip for the money, easy to install, looking to do it myself. I've looked into GForce, how do they rate??
  6. 0

Project X = Power Steering with AGR Pump

Just replaced the pump in my wifes, made a slight improvement. Also had a bad bearing in the right wheel, believe the rest of the issue is there. Purpose in commenting is i had a mechanic tell me that the ford are "sensitive" and you must let the vehicle idle for an hour after putting the new...
  7. 0

95 explorer power steering replacement

Need to replace a power steering pump. Any tips/info would be greatly appreciated!!!
  8. 0

05 sport trac tires??

I spoke to ford today, they said it takes up to 4 shims, but may not require all four, does that sound about right for what they did for you?
  9. 0

05 sport trac tires??

Awesome, thanks for all the info. 05dakotatrac, thank you for your service!
  10. 0

05 sport trac tires??

I have an 05 sport trac and the tires are wearin unevenly, the inner two ribs of tread are wearing the most and tappers outward. Is it out of alignment? had it looked at 2 years ago, they said no. Possible frame is bent? currently got 255/16r/75s on it, cooper All weather/season, i think...
  11. 0

Looking to modify my sport trac

Sorry, still new to the forum... I've seen suspension lifts for up to 2k, yes its 4 wheel dr. Thanks for all the pointers
  12. 0

Looking to modify my sport trac

As of now i have an 05 sporttrac which im looking to modify. Any suggestions on: Lift kits Tire sizes After market drive shaft Air in take systems Exhaust systems Rear gears- (i plan on doing a little of everything with it from field hoppin to family vaca's so would i need to put...
  13. 0

Flashing 4x4 High&Low, Feels like driving on rumble strips

It does it on any surface. PA roads are the smoothest but itll do it flat bumpy up or down hill. I did find and replace a sway bar link, prob broke from the vibration. Also the CV axle was broken, got tthe part ordered and hoping itll fix it.
  14. 0

Its my wifes 95 explorer. I drive the 05 sport trac. Ive tried using the 4x4, it does nothing.
  15. 0

My 95 explorer is a POS. Current problem is it flashes my 4x4 lights and shakes similar to driving on a rumble strip. No idea on what the problem might be.
  16. 0

95 Explorer throttle control questions

My wifes isnt the most mechanical person. When ever i get into her car i hear a new noise and ask "when did that noise start" she replies " What noise?". Tonight i got in her car and started it, but it shut off. I did it a few more time trying to figure out the problem. It ideled very low. i...
  17. 0

Wheel Hub Replacement Questions

Changed out the hub yesterday, went good, runs great! Thanks again for all the tips!
  18. 0

I didnt think they were made with anything other than steel too, but i guess certain model may have... The guy at autozone isnt sure but i assume they're steel
  19. 0

One last question, then i think im done. Are my rear brake (05 sport trac) calipers steel??
  20. 0

Another question, Timken has 3 hubs that'll work: SP470200, SP450202, & SP470201. Rockauto carries SP450202, is there much if any difference detween them?
  21. 0

Thanks for all the tips and advice!
  22. 0

My front right wheel hub is going bad. I paid a mechanic to do the left a few months ago and figured I could do it myself a little more cost friendly. I stumbled across a step-by-step instruction w/pictures on how to do it, but i cant find it now. The guy who had it referred to himself as a...
  23. 0

What rear diff fluid do i need to use door code is 42 please help!!!!!!

My wifes 95' explorer makes this helicopter sound coming from what i think is the rear diff, i tried adding fluid, it help for a little but now the sound is back....Did i use the wrong weight fluid? Whats the best to use?
Back