Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

electrical problems have me ready to sell my 2011

The problem has been solved. Thanks.
  2. M

No, but I'm not sure that makes sense. When all the displays die while driving, would that have anything to do with either of those?
  3. M

2011 Explorer with only 38k miles Starting a few months back I started having electrical problems. The car has completed died several times, once at work in another town. The symptom is that I get a bunch of faults and then all the displays go black. I've tried restarting the car to get it...
  4. M

2012 explorer windshield noise

Just called my dealer. The part they replaced is called simply "Windshield molding". When they fixed mine, the replaced both (ordered the wrong one first by mistake), but only the passenger side one was bad. Here are the part numbers, I don't know which is driver vs passenger side...
  5. M

I can call the dealer next week and ask. PM me with your email address.
  6. M

Odd vehicle mileage discrepency

I have never reset my Trip 1 tripometer on my 2011 Explorer. I was looking at it this week and noticed that the Trip 1 Tripometer mileage is 0.2 miles higher than the overall mileage for the vehicle. This is really pretty minor, but I think it's odd nonetheless. Has anyone else seen this...
  7. M

I had the same exact noise. They did a smoke test and found a leak in the back door oddly, but the noise was there still, so they replaced some windshield trim in the front passenger side and it's fixed! My dealer was very helpful and I took a service rep for a drive to let him hear it.
  8. M

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

I did some driving tonight on the state highways near me (and the dealer) and I couldn't repro the problem at 60, so it will have to be the interstate. Given that I'd have to convince the dealer to let me take them 15 minutes just to get there, I think I'll delay working on this issue for now...
  9. M

I have essentially the same miles and vehicle, but my noise is an extremely high pitched whistle. I think I leave a trail of howling dogs in my wake.
  10. M

So glad it's not just me! I got a 2011 Explorer XLT in late June and on a long interstate drive today my wife and I both noticed the noise, coming from the right front side. Like people have said it hits at about 55. It does not require much cross-wind, although Colorado is pretty much always...
Back