Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

How many miles on your 3RD GEN! orig. tranny????

6 months ago in a fit of rage i beat on my 04 with 106k. the next day it started slipping from 2nd to 3rd and of course the flashing OD light. I had it rebuilt for 1,200 with a 12k or 12 month warranty. I'll have to control my temper and take a bit more care of her now.
  2. F

04 explorer, pulsing when you let off the gas

well i got new tires this afternoon and the vibration went away. I still feel a slip sometimes when going from park to drive or reverse. Also when it gets up to 3rd gear if i back off on the gas then tap on the gas you can hear a thud. like something isn't catching. the u-joints have been...
  3. F

So I took my truck to a tranny shop yesterday. There theory is that the last person to service the tranny used the wrong fluid and it isn't downshifting properly. Has anyone heard of this before? This is all new to me. I've had Chevy's for the last 15 years and never had a tranny problem. I have...
  4. F

Well I have an update to my issue. The other day I turned into a parking lot with a 20 degree or so slope and the tranny slipped a bit. Also before I bought the truck I had no idea that the tranny was a closed system. Why would they design it like that? You cant even check your fluid levels, or...
  5. F

That's what my wife's grandfather said also. Thanks for the reply. I'm glad to be a member here. These kind of forums are awesome, having people to help you out like this makes the blood pressure stay at the recommended levels. Thanks Again.
  6. F

3 days ago I bought an 04 explorer with 87k miles. The truck is extremely clean. I test drove it and everything seemed fine. I got a deal on it because my brother is an employee there. So when I talked to the manager he tells me everything the truck needed for inspection and everything that...
Back