1. M

chop top 1 ton ex.

Subscribing :D
  2. M

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

2000 xlt 179k.
  3. M

Engine skipping at low RPM under load.

Well I went out this morning and bought some autolite double platinum plugs, put them in and wala! problem solved! I have full power again and no miss firing or skipping. So unless this is moister related I think I'm good for now. Thanks for all the help everyone! I'll keep you posted as to how...
  4. M

Thanks for the link, I just went out and checked resistance and am getting anywhere from 13.4 k.ohm. to 13.9 k.ohm. I replaced the plugs two days ago, They are not double platinum. so looks like I'm in for more new plugs and a coil :P It's supposed to be hot and sunny tomorrow so I'll see if...
  5. M

Update: It's been raining almost all day and I seem to have developed a consistent miss and it shakes pretty bad around 1700 rpm but seems to smooth out after that but still hesitates at higher rpm. I checked for any jumping spark in the dark and couldn't find anything, even while spraying mist...
  6. M

Update: went out this morning in the pouring rain, checked the spark plug wires they where nowhere near the egr, made sure they where all properly seated. also checked for vacuum leaks. It started fine and ran great at low rpm even under load, but now it seems to be hesitating between 3000-5000...
  7. M

I believe they where autolight plug wires, I tried to be very careful and keep them away from the egr but I'll check and make sure. Also, engine ran rough before I swapped them, then it ran great until it started raining. Thanks for the input. I'm new here and don't know much about explorers.
  8. M

Hello, I have a 2000 Explorer xlt 4x4 v6 OHV. I took about a hundred mile drive today in sunny weather with no problems. However when I went out later it was raining. It started and ran fine until I started pulling a hill in OD. then the engine started to skip. when I first got it it had been...
Back