Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer

2012 Body/suspension lift Hello all. I did a search using the Google tool on the site and didn't find what I was looking for. If anyone knows of a previous thread discussing this, please (kindly) redirect me. I am wondering if anyone has run into any lift systems for the new Ex. I am...
  2. D

What's next for MFT?

Rebecca, Upon installing the most recent update, I expressed my family's displeasure at Ford's decision to place wallpapers permanently behind controls. This to me makes wallpapers rather pointless as any pic is now 1/2 covered. Is Ford working on making this configurable in the future...
  3. D

After update, wallpapers hidden behind home screen quadrants

I completely agree. Why bother having wallpapers available only to have them hidden? If that's the direction Ford decided prudent, wallpapers should not have been carried forward at all. As someone else points out, why decrease options? It's not as if the wallpapers decrease performance. If...
  4. D

After update, wallpapers hidden behind home screen quadrants

Hello all. I finally received the update thumb drive today and installed it. It took right around 1 hour. So far it looks OK. Performance doesn't seem any faster (upgraded from v2.11). My biggest peeve is that the wallpapers I "created" to fit the screen and my moods are hidden behind the 4...
  5. D

Highway MPG

I hear what you're saying, but I was comparing my 2012 Ex to my former 2001 (not 2011) 4Runner that was traded on the Ex. That is why I am so disappointed in the mileage. In direct, equitable comparisons, the Ex sorely lacks versus the old 4Runner (and by lacks, I mean they get/got equivalent...
  6. D

Highway MPG

Very valid points jrnexplorer and spitfisher. However accurate your lessons are, they do not explain my issue; namely that my 10 yr newer Ex with a significantly higher mpg rating gets the same or worse mileage than an '01 4Runner under the EXACT SAME DRIVING CONDITONS. To top it off the...
  7. D

Highway MPG

I have a 2011 XLT 4WD with about 3500 miles on it. I am very disappointed in the mileage. My hwy best has been about 21 @ 70-75mph. Even more disappointing is my daily use driving. It is predominantly hwy driving. I only get about 18mpg. With my 2001 4Runner (rated 19/13) I averaged 18+...
  8. D

One month review

Thanks Cory. I will give the dealer a shot at it. If their response is unsatisfactory I will most definitely shoot you a PM.
  9. D

One month review

My #1 usage of the voice commands is directing MFT to play specific artists/albums/songs from my USB drive. I also use it for phone calls. I haven't really used it for anything else.
  10. D

One month review

OK, I’ve had my Ex now for about 4 weeks (~2000mi). Here are my observations: -DRIVEABILITY: I find the ride to be wonderful. It’s very smooth and quiet. Coming from a 2011 4Runner, it is night-and-day. I took an 850mi road trip (more on this later) with 35-50mph sustained winds and the Ex...
  11. D

3.5 V6 Fuel Mileage - Instant MPG Pictures

I apologize. I had been following this thread but didn't re-read any of it before I posted. Thanks for pointing that out to me.
  12. D

3.5 V6 Fuel Mileage - Instant MPG Pictures

Anyone ever experience a manual calculation being greater than the car's computer? My last fill (only the 2nd) showed 18.9mpg on the dash but 19.2 on my calculator. Before anyone attacks my methods, rest assured I have "topped off" every tank fill for 25 years. This ensures that the amount in...
  13. D

Smartphones and MFT Sync

I have a WP7 HTC Arrive (Sprint) that works very well. MFT downloaded my phone book fairly quickly. It reads my texts for me... That was a surprise as I didn't know that was an option. Streams music (library and apps) just fine.
  14. D

MFT Black / Blank Screen

Rebecca, Can you explain this "system maintenance/service" thing? Should it happen routinely on its own? Randomly on its own? Does it only happen after issues? It happened to me today after an instance of BSD (Black Screen of Death). It took 4 restarts of the system for BSD to resolve and...
  15. D

Media indexing

Well I started re-tagging my collection. I made it through 323 songs. I formatted the drive and transferred these songs back to it. It took 18 minutes for MFT to index these songs. It took a few minutes to build voice commands. I did not have time to wait for MFT to finish building media...
  16. D

Media indexing

Great idea. I have to admit I have enough PC knowledge/experience that I should have realized that myself (I hate when I'm dumb :( ). I left the drive in during my commute this AM (~20 min) and it still was indexing. Upon startup after work it was no longer indexing but building voice...
  17. D

Media indexing

Thanks jrmexplorer. I do have v2.11. Each artist has multiple folders (ex: artist>>multiple albums>>multiple songs in each album). Taking 2007 songs out of the folders and putting them in the root would appear to be extremely time consuming. Hopefully it won't come to that. I'll have to...
  18. D

Media indexing

I was wondering if anyone (? Rebecca) could shed some light on media indexing? I would assume this is done for faster search/access? After having plugged in a couple small USB memory sticks, I see that once indexing is performed on a device, it does not continually happen. I have since placed...
  19. D

What my salesman said about MFT

I was told the same by my salesguy on Wed. He had learned it that morning at a sales meeting. He also asked his mgr about it in front me and the mgr confirmed it. Due to the significant displeasure/distrust of the system by so many, I find it very plausible sales staff would be notified...
  20. D

2012 EX Delivery Taken!

Build date 9/12. Arrived at dealer (Chicago to ~Minneapolis) 9/20.
  21. D

2012 EX Delivery Taken!

I took delivery of my EX yesterday (see signature for details) exactly 5 weeks after order. Only 38 miles on it so no real impressions yet---other than it's awesome! After a week or so I will update this post with initial impressions. One interesting note to many on this forum: my sales guy...
  22. D

Dual Moon Roof, worth it?

Well, did you get the dealer installed moonroof? If so, what do you think? Is it the dual panel? Pics? I also ordered without and am now regretting it.
  23. D

Brochure Coupon? How long to receive?

Thanks for the PM Spengracin. I tried to reply with a PM but your inbox is full :eek:
  24. D

Brochure Coupon? How long to receive?

That's great news Spengracin. I sent you a PM asking for your dealer's information. I figure it may help with my negotiations if I can provide more specific info. Thanks.
Back