Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Smelling Fumes from A/C vent when A/C is on

This is a very common problem and has been there since the 2011 model. There smell comes during hard acceleration. I had it with my brand new 2011. A friend had it with their 2013 model. I doubt very much that a new catalytic converter will fix this, it may reduce the smell temporarily.
  2. L

Rattling Sound From Engine

They did not say why it could not be fixed.
  3. L

I had my engine replaced by Ford free of charge.
  4. L

I think I will definitely get another opinion. Thank you.
  5. L

Thank you. Unfortunately, the workshop has already charged me for the Oxygen sensor and catalytic converter.
  6. L

Mileage is 39,000 Km. Servicing was done regularly by the same Ford dealers where I purchased the car.
  7. L

I took the car to my local dealer. First they said it was the oxygen sensor and catalytic converter, then they said something was broken in the engine, now they are saying "The erratic running and missing is because of the exhaust camshaft running retard. This is not normal and the timing...
  8. L

How long have you been driving your car in this condition? Do you think it could lead to something major?
  9. L

When I start the car or the accelerator pedal is pressed I hear a rattling sound. On one occasion I noticed an Oil Pressure warning. Also the Check Engine light is on. Anyone experienced this problem?
  10. L

12V Power Outlet Covers Breaking Off

Yes all my covers are gone.
  11. L

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Finally got my car back, they said they did not discover any problems or foreign matter in the air filters or evaporator. They cleaned the filter. The smell has reduced greatly, however it still detectable.
  12. L

Gasoline Odor

See the forum below "Burnt oil smell during hard acceleration" http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323597
  13. L

I mentioned this to my dealer, he said that all fords have this problem i.e. specs of oil spraying on the filter! I guess the problem is much worse with the Explorer hence the smell. They are currently looking at my filters and evaporator. Will let you know what they discover.
  14. L

Running Boards - DeeZee and Others

Do Nerf Bars reduce the ground clearance?
  15. L

I have been asked to bring my car into the garage so that they can "look at the filters and the evaporator for any mould inclusion".
  16. L

I have had this problem from the start. My current mileage is approx 4,500. Recently, i took some ford technicians for the test drive and they were able to detect the smell. However, they said it did not smell like burnt oil/ exhaust fumes. The test was done with the AC and recycle button on...
  17. L

What have you added to your 2011 Ford Explorer since you picked it up?

Explorer Base Model (black):- - Painted Grille (black) - Black Ford Logo (front, back, steering wheel) - Wheel covers (black) - Weathertech Cargo Mat Next Stage:- - front window tints - smoked headlights / taillights - OEM Fuel Cap
  18. L

Painting XLT Grille

It took about 2 weeks. What Colour did you order?
  19. L

Painting XLT Grille

You place the new one over the old.
  20. L

Custom grille for a 2011 Explorer.

Click on the link below for a picture of the overlay http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z385/casbro/FordExBadgeOverlay.jpg
  21. L

Painting XLT Grille

Below is the link to what it looks like on my car http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z385/casbro/FordExBadgeOverlay.jpg Below are the measurements:- FRONT BADGE: 207mm (length) x 83mm (mid point height) REAR BADGE: 160mm (length) x 62mm (mid point height) STEERING WHEEL BADGE...
  22. L

Painting XLT Grille

I got them from a UK company http://www.dmb.uk.com/10/gallery/gcat/13/ford-gel-badges It was a custom order, all you need to do it give them the measurements for the logos you require and the colour scheme.
  23. L

Wheelcover Removal

That's really odd. I changed my covers two months ago and all I had to was pull them off. Also I noticed from your picture that we have different nuts, mine does not have the circular base that yours does. PS - what is the best way to post/upload pictures?
  24. L

Wheelcover Removal

You simply pull them off. They are not held together by the wheel nuts.
Back