Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

3.5.1 BT Stereo Issues

They are very quick to welcome new owners and reply when owners praise their Explorers, but pretty slow when there are complaints and problems.
  2. J

3.5.1 BT Stereo Issues

Same issues for me with recent upgrade to 3.5.1. Before that no issues streaming bluetooth audio from iphone 5. Now, I have to choose from the touchscreen, not the steering wheel controls. I get a message "connecting", then music starts playing. Unfortunately, once the music starts, it skips...
  3. J

Just got letter about sync NEW update

I agree that the sync website completely sucks. I had the same issues resetting password, etc several months ago. Since then, it has been ok. I logged on last week. Saw the new update available. It directed me to an external website to order a new Nav card. It was sent overnight (ordered...
  4. J

What happened to 'Send to Ford' in Google Maps?

Not sure what the licensing issues are but I also prefer google maps over mapquest. Even better...I had a brand new Ford Flex as a rental this week. Top of the line with nav. The nab could not find an address in downtown Columbia MO. This was in the middle of the city, not a new subdivision...
  5. J

Step bars / Running Boards / Nerf Bars

Actually my kids use them every time they get in and out of my Explorer. Personally, I like it better without them and will remove them once my kids are bigger, but having them makes life much easier with little ones as I don't have to open the rear doors all the way for them to "jump" out.
  6. J

Installing aftermarket DVD headrests

I have them in my 2011. If you actually like to use your headrest to rest your head, these suck. My wife hates them because they don't tilt forward enough and with the design of the Explorer seats these headrests sit too far back. I don't lean my head back while driving so don't care that...
  7. J

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

I wonder if they actually improved anything with the new software or just removed features to make it run/respond faster?
  8. J

Received MFT Package today!

Mine took about 45 minutes total. You don't have to sit in the car the entire time. After you insert the USB, wait a few minutes for a screen prompt asking if you want to start the install. Click "ok". It will then run the install for the next 40 minutes or so. It will cycle through several...
  9. J

Touch Screen - FUSE BOX.

Holy thread revival Batman...
  10. J

Yes, I realize that and it worked properly prior to upgrade. Now, no matter how many times I press the skip back button it just restarts the same song. Even worse, when I press the skip forward button it restarts the song I'm listening to so effectively the skip back and the skip forward...
  11. J

Day 2 with new MFT. Phone did not pair automatically. Using USB, could not skip songs using the steering wheel controls or touchscreen. Regardless of which button was pushed (skip forward or skip backward) the current song kept starting over.
  12. J

Rubber IA Key case?

And how does a functioning panic button protect you from said gangbanger?
  13. J

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

After wasting an hour at the dealer yesterday, the upgrade package arrived in my mail last night. I performed the upgrade on my own. So far, so good. I know nothing about software development but appears they were able to "speed it up" by removing features/information that used to be...
  14. J

2013 Explorer in possession?

Sarcasm font was used. Relax.
  15. J

Any thoughts of trading MY11 for MY13?

I agree with Bill. Plus, my biggest frustrations are 1) MFT and 2) design flaws - plastic pillars being the biggest. MFT has been revised (I won't say upgraded until I see for myself). I haven't seen a 2013MY yet but unless the plastic pillars have been redesigned, I would never consider...
  16. J

2013 Explorer in possession?

Does that mean you have all the same issues as are posted on the boards?
  17. J

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Ford needs to get their $h!t together. I called my local dealer on Saturday requesting the upgrade. They said they could not do it on the weekend (service dept is open on Saturday) because they don't have the time. Suggested I bring it by during the week and they'd have me out in an hour. I...
  18. J

Running Boards - DeeZee and Others

Google Dee Zee running boards and you'll find other sites that offer them. Slightly more expensive as you have to order the brackets separately. Still cheaper than some other options out there and personally I like the look better than nerf bars but that's a personal opinion. I was lucky...
  19. J

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

hmmm...NJ and CA. Maybe they'll make it to TN next week.
  20. J

MFT - MyFord Touch Sync2 First Poblem

Wait....you had an '11 Edge with so many MFT problems that you traded it for an Explorer with the same MFT system? Or did the Edge have other issues non-MFT related?
  21. J

Auto Anything has 15% off through Tuesday. Code is EMR1212.
  22. J

Just installed these last night. Easy installation. I wish the boards mounted a little higher and tighter against the bottom of the explorer. I think the gap is too large between the board and black trim on bottom of door. For the money, the quality is pretty good though. I only plan to...
Back