Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

How to: The Comprehensive Brown Wire Mod Thread

This switch is as cool as it gets
  2. B

Eye-diagnose this DANA 35 differential (pics)

Yes, Brad that's what I'm talking about. Is it from the factory?
  3. B

Thanks for the replies, gents. Here are a few more pics.
  4. B

Thanks for the correction. Well maybe the pics are not good enough, the left axle gear is kind of the same shape of the right one. No significant amount of metal shavings that I could see while draining. Do you reckon the right one as in bad shape?
  5. B

So while doing the oil pan job I decided to change the oil in my front diff. I am not the first owner of the ca (got it with 80k miles and now has 100k) and the case had a lot of RTV, so it must have been serviced at some point. Upon cover removal and some superficial cleaning, I discovered some...
  6. B

Sushi Oil pan installation

Yes! In all honesty, I got my culinary inspiration from them ;)
  7. B

Sushi Oil pan installation

I installed the oil pan in the 98 ohv by using end pieces of sushi sticks to hold the gasket in place. Couldn't be easier. Had to post this immersed in proud resourcefulness.
  8. B

Purpose of Wedge Seal on Oil Pan (and how to install) 4.0 OHV?

http://www.canadaengines.com/engine_technical_tips.html
  9. B

My RockAuto Experience (spoiler: sucks)

That is sad. They used to be a great retailer. Thanks for the recommendation.
  10. B

My RockAuto Experience (spoiler: sucks)

We are are rebuilding the steering rack on my 98. They sent the wrong parts because the website has mistakes. I sent pictures of my vehicle, identification, everything. They keep saying idiotic things. Even the Edelmann (manufacturer) website says its plain wrong for my truck. Heres their...
  11. B

Vacuum lines

Great! Thanks, Donald, the pictures helped a lot. The port is located under the valve itself.
  12. B

Vacuum lines

Thanks for the answer, Donald. I saw that valve. So it plugs directly to it? I do see some wire connections to the valve but could not find the port. So I am guessing that valve takes both vacuum and electrical to work?
  13. B

Vacuum lines

Nope. Just checked with an endoscope cam and can't seem to find where it goes. Any info is appreciated.
  14. B

Vacuum lines

This yellowish line
  15. B

Vacuum lines

Sorry for bringing this thread back to life. Not many that speak of this matters. I am trying to figure out where exactly the yellow line connects to. I understand under the battery, there is a valve that works with the EVAP system to detect leaks. MY yellow line got burned so I do not know...
  16. B

Running erratically - Dual fuel system

Alright the fuel pressure regulator was shot and putting gasoline back in to the vacumm lines. Any ideas on where the yellow line leads to? Under the battery but, what to?
  17. B

Running erratically - Dual fuel system

Hi guys I have a 98 with gasoline and propane fuel systems It had some issue on the gas system so I had to use it in propane for like 6 months. until we finally god down to it. We cleaned and tested the injectors. Started running fine on propane so we took it to the gas station and put some...
  18. B

ECU part number search

Thanks. My local dealer said the last three digits would be BFA or BFB. However, they do not have it in stock. How likely is it to be a mess if I use a PCM from an older model lets say a 97?
  19. B

ECU part number search

Hey guys. Long web search on this subjects are confusing to say the least. Someone stole my ECU form a 98 sport MT 4L OHV. I am trying to find the part now, but there seem to exist a lot of revisions for the same part. I would like to know if any/all of these are important to pick a...
  20. B

Front Windows stopped working EXP 95 - 4 Door

if is was all of a sudden sounds like fuses to me...
  21. B

For Sale Parting out 98 sport Prerunner, Tons of Goodies

Ok, thanks. Isn't that part plain black on all trims? Sorry not sure, its only the receiver, not the belt.
  22. B

2000 Limited V8 parting out

I am looking for a rear seatbelt buckle for a ford explorer 1998 SPORT, left side, it has part number 36142B on it. well it really does not matter what side it is from because they can be switched over. Dont know if the 4door has the same buckles, I do know the base is different but the buckle...
  23. B

For Sale Parting out 97 Eddie Bauer 4x4

I am looking for a rear seatbelt buckle for a ford explorer 1998 SPORT, left side, it has part number 36142B on it. well it really does not matter what side it is from because they can be switched over. Dont know if the 4door has the same buckles, I do know the base is different but the buckle...
  24. B

For Sale Parting out 98 sport Prerunner, Tons of Goodies

25. B

Parting Out 2000 Limited

Back