Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

3rd gen Explorer Blend Door Actuator Replacement

oops, never mind. I see it is in the STICKY section.
  2. D

3rd gen Explorer Blend Door Actuator Replacement

Guys, sorry to ressurect this, but three months ago I searched and found a thread with lots of pictures on how to remove the console and such. I cannot find it now. Can someone please point me to where I will find: 1) Part # for the blend door actuator for a Ford Explorer 2004 XLS single...
  3. D

4 x 4 high light flashes and abs light always on

I have an 04 Explorer XLS 4wd with 139,000 miles, however i had an engine with 40,000 miles installed in december of 2010. I had new brakes installed a couple of months ago. Recently the 4X4 light high started flashing and when i reverse out of a spot it feels as though my car is stopping and...
  4. D

Advice on used engine purchase, install

OK, the truck died today -- so if anyone knows of a mechanic in Socal that can drop in a new engine... please PM me. thanks.
  5. D

Advice on used engine purchase, install

Hey everyone, Well, I helped purchase a used Explorer, 2004 with 4.0 liter engine with 129,000 miles, and failed to notice the engine knock... I don't know, I think I thought it was the muffler. Anyway, got it home, and said Oh SH$t, I think it's the dreaded timing chain issue. Took it...
Back