Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Water Leak

Well, just discovered my 2013 is leaking like an SOB. Got around 4" of water in my spare tire area. Wife is pissed because all the emergency kid stuff, diaper bag, extra clothes etc. Along with my extra pills I keep in the car in case of emergency. This is seriously pissing me off. I had a...
  2. S

2013 XLT shifting too soon

Hey all, I've recently been having issues with the transmission in my exp. The issues showed up after being rear ended last Friday. It wasn't severe enough to require medical attention but it damaged the bumper and damn near cut through the tow hitch cover. Since then it's been shifting hard...
  3. S

Poor fuel economy and fuel system error

Thanks for the reply, I had believed that the combined fuel trim over 20% was enough to trip a code. As far as the fuel trim, no they are higher at idle I believe. I don't have the tools or available work space for more in depth testing. Unfortunately we were rear ended by an apparently...
  4. S

I will, honestly I'm not sure if it's sleep deprivation or the old age catching up but I can't find any other pids for O2 sensor volts or fuel trim other than the ones labeled as sensor 2 in each respective bank. I'll check again tomorrow and get back to you, hopefully I can get this sorted. ATM...
  5. S

Ok, so apparently the fuel system 2 error isn't an error. While searching for where the O2 sensor pid would be located in forscan I stumbled across a post on the forscan forum. In their infinite wisdom Ford handles both fuel banks as one system. The error was just forscan saying that it's not...
  6. S

I didn't even notice that. I will recheck as soon as my wife gets back with the car. Thanks for pointing that out.
  7. S

Yeah, I had to sell the 97 when I found out we were expecting as I had to have 3rd row seating. I did stay Ford though lol. Picked up the expedition for cheap as it needed a new intake. As far as the battery procedure, would they have done that when the tsb for exhaust gas in the car was...
  8. S

Here ya go, I didn't have the fuel system module selected here as I was mostly trying to verify that the O2 sensors were functional. And here's another one showing the fuel trim and fuel system error.
  9. S

No code is being set. Oddly enough even with the short term fuel trim hitting -27. I discovered the bank 2 error while monitoring the system in forscan. Both pre cat o2 sensors are behaving as expected which is why I'm unsure what the problem would be.
  10. S

I recently purchased a 2013 XLT 3.5 to replace my 03 expedition. I need something with better mileage than the beast. Anyway, when I bought it the average economy was around 20mpg. A couple days after that I started noticing that the economy was dropping to around 13mpg, the same as the...
  11. S

leaking coolant, no water circulating but heater blows hot?

Sohc, I believe its leaking from the radiator, seems to be pooling under it on the support shelf. I'm gonna pull the shroud and verify. Ill check the lower thermostat housing though as I know they are a common failure spot. Really stumped though on how to check the water pump?? pretty sure if...
  12. S

leaking coolant, no water circulating but heater blows hot?

So since you guys are so awesome I'm kinda stumped here, maybe you can help. My 97 4.0 has been smelling kinda hot after driving for awhile but the gauge doesn't show higher than 1/3 . Today I notice coolant dripping from around the front passenger side and its feeling really hot. Not leaking...
  13. S

queefing explorer??

I just want to thank everyone here for their help. Tryin to play catch up on maintenance and repairs and I couldn't do it without all the awesome info on here.
  14. S

queefing explorer??

Thanks, I'll try and check it. Had to replace the pcv hose yesterday cuz it was split along the driver side. Thought maybe that's what was causing it, but it wasn't.
  15. S

queefing explorer??

OK sorry for the terminology, but I my wife called it that. Anyhow heres the issue, rough idle, poor gas mileage, and a "queefing" farty sound after you turn it off. Sounds almost like a wheezing sound. I cant tell where it coming from but it sounds almost like its under the upper intake cover...
  16. S

alignment question

Thanks, I wasn't too sure with the caster being so different on the left and right.
  17. S

alignment question

OK update here, after replacing the uca and lower ball joints it seemed to be driving good. The ride seemed smoother, not as sensitive to every little bump in the road. After the alignment its like it was before the ball joint replacement, feel every little bump like its a huge pothole, and...
  18. S

alignment question

OK thanks guys, ill be sure to check them after I get it done.
  19. S

alignment question

OK, I was worried that they don't adjust the bolts cause I'm not sure I torqued them enough and don't think I got em back in right. But its not pulling at all and the tires aren't angled in or out. Never done a ball joint before, but thanks to the stickies I got it all done in about 8 hours.
  20. S

alignment question

OK so I pulled the upper control arms and lower ball joints on both sides. Got them reassembled, but I'm not sure if I properly aligned the camber bolts. I'm taking it in to les Schwab tomorrow for an alignment and need to know if they will adjust them when they do an alignment? Or do they align...
  21. S

97 xlt running way hot but no cel or code

Ok first I apologize if this is already covered by a thread, the search function isn't working on my phone. Now I have a 97 xlt 4.0 that has 166000 on it.it was running great until a couple days ago.it started running hot and gas mileage got worse. its not showing any stored codes and the cel...
  22. S

For Sale Parting out 97 Explorer 2 Dr Sport ControlTrac - 30 minutes west of Cleveland

hi do you still have the t hose that connects to the fuel pressure regulator and air cleaner? Also what about the lower steering shaft and exhaust manifolds?
  23. S

Hello

Hi everybody.just bought a 97 xlt 4.0 and found the forum researching the door lock issue.glad to see so many friendly knowledgeable people in one place.
Back