Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Differential Replacement for 2003 4wd Explorer

The rear differential was just rebuilt/replaced in my 2003 4wd Ford Explorer. It is making noise again and I wonder about the fluid that was put in it. Any recommendations - do I need to do a complete fluid change? TIA
  2. F

How many miles do you have

How Can You Have a 4WD Without a Transfer Case :) Maybe someone else is as dumb as me and doesnt know a transfer case exists, let alone that it should have the fluid in it checked after you drive through the creek chasing cattle!
  3. F

Re: Do What? Our solution - if you have a 4wd, with a transfer case, check the level of oil in the transfer case each time you change the oil.
  4. F

My quest for 30 MPG - Ford Explorer Gas Mileage Tips

My 2000 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4L SOHC has 294,958k. My 2000 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4L SOHC has 294,958k. Last year we replaced the transfer case for the 4WD due to operator dumbness - didnt know it had one, let alone needed oil! Has had new spark plugs, gets 5k oil changes with synthetic...
  5. F

2000 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4L SOHC has 294,958k My 2000 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4L SOHC has 294,958k. Last year we replaced the transfer case for the 4WD due to operator dumbness - didnt know it had one, let alone needed oil! Has had new spark plugs, gets 5k oil changes with synthetic...
  6. F

Sensor cable for the ABS controller.

We put new bearings and hubs on both front wheels of my 2000 Ford Explorer 4x4 last year. The controller has been bad and I had it replaced August. At that time the mechanic told me that the cable which runs from the left front whell to the ABS controller had been broken and was now taped...
Back