Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Explorer XLT 2013 - Maps showing problem

I had the same problem last week, I just removed the NAV SD card and put it back in, all fixed.
  2. O

crash warning and adaptive cruise control faults after going through deep water

ACC fault happened in a heavy rain the other day, also once received a BLIS fault.
  3. O

power steering fail!

I once bought a VW and before the first payment had the airbag light come on it took 4 weeks to get the part. I didnt get any compensation from VW although the dealer did give me a loaner car. Parts fail and supply chain issues happen, it's not nessarlly Ford's fault.
  4. O

MFT A/C button out-of-sync

Same issue on mine, noticed it a few months back.
  5. O

My 2013 Limited with modifications

Looks nice... Saw a green EX for the first time the other day and thought it was black for a few seconds.
  6. O

Could not find answer in owner's guide

My friend has a BMW with keyless entry and it works the same way, the vehicle continues to run without the key present. I believe it's a fail safe, should the key fail to be detected for some reason you would not want the vehicle to turn off at an inopertune time.
  7. O

Good deal?

The Edmonds printout was spot on with the x-plan prices my dealer showed me.
  8. O

Rear Video Camera Wiring Protective Cap

I believe your sales guy must have been smoking crack the day he told you that.
  9. O

MFT Gauge and Diagnostic Capabilities?

Remember the biggest target audience for these reports, DTC codes would be as useful to the general public as the dump screen is on a Windows BSOD. They need to keep it simple. FWIW - It would be cool if there was an advanced option to allow for a more detailed report. I'm guessing more...
  10. O

SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal

Just wait until you hit your data cap from all the streaming you're now doing on your cell phone and get charged $10/GB each month.. :eek: Those utility/service companies will get your money one way or another! :D
  11. O

Limited or Sport for Towing?

Not sure on the Sport but on my Limited there are cup holders in the rear door panels but they will only hold a water bottle, soda can or the kids cup from McDonalds.... Nothing bigger.
  12. O

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

Got mine through Flood, no issues. I actually called back about 2 weeks later and added the 1st day rental option. The guy I talked to was great and very helpful he had to cancel the first ESP and do a new contract with the rental option. I would recommend them.
  13. O

2013 Kodiak Brown Limited AWD

Worth the wait!!!! Congrats, I'm sure you'll have a blast.
  14. O

I cannot download new sync update.

Try using another browser such as chrome.
  15. O

Glitches, strange behaviour...2013 MFT

Never had a problem with my Zune 32 but often when my Zune 120 is hooked up I get Zune not found message. I ignore the message and everything works, I'm wondering if it has to do with the 32 being flash based and the 120 having a hard drive.. Perhaps it takes a few seconds to ready itself when...
  16. O

Is Your A/C Really Cold on Lo temp or Max A/C Setting ?

Normally on AUTO/recirculate with the A/C set around 70F the thermometer in my vent shows between 40-45F degrees. At startup and on AUTO/recirculate with an outside temp around 90F it runs about 60F for the first 2-3 min before it cools down. The other day it was over 105F outside and the EX...
  17. O

Timeline 2013 Explorer Sport

I agree VinceL, the MKX is really needing a refresh, my brother was looking at one and almost bought it until he rode in my EX for a weekend. The keyless entry pad on the Lincoln looks like an aftermarket add on. I'm expecting the MKX to get restyled along with updated tech and the Ecoboost soon.
  18. O

Flex fuel?

I remember reading somewhere in the owners manual that vehicles with Callifornia emissions do not have a E85 rating.
  19. O

Crash Record Module - Black Box??

Read your owner's manual it explains about the event data recorder and how it works.
  20. O

Had my first glitch today (owned it 4 days)

One thing about MFT, when you think you have it figured out... you don't.
  21. O

MFT Black / Blank Screen

Most support departments aren't part of the development process they are just handed the product to support, nearly at the same time it's deployed to end users. May not be the best process but it's the most common. Cut them some slack, they do the best they can and it seems Ford's CSD is going...
  22. O

Show vehicle Speed on Nav Screen ?

Posted speed shows up on both MFT and instrument cluster display... Noticed its accurate most of the time wouldn't trust it completely but if you need a SWAG it works.
  23. O

seats comfortable?

Nearly 170 hours in my EX and never felt uncomfortable. 2013 Limited
  24. O

Setting Home

Doesn't most everyone have to carry proof of insurance in their vehicle, it normally has the owners name and address. Not sure having it in the GPS is that big of a deal, there are plenty of ways to get an address.
  25. O

LMAO at Ford

Someone needs a drink to calm their nerves.
Back