Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

I just purchased and received the same day from Amazon Timken SP470200 Axle Bearing and Hub Assembly. It did not come with the replacement bolts for the hub or caliper bracket. It that going to be a problem?> Should i order bolts or use the current ones if they come off in one piece?
  2. G

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

I did have to cut mine to get the actuator back in. what i did was peel the outer vinly? cover off and cut the foam board behind it and replaced the cover material, unless you get really close you cant tell it has been cut. Plus the side plastic cover most of it. Hope this helps.
  3. G

How many K on your explorer and what repairs recently

Thanks ive checked a few salvage yards around here couldnt find a good match. I will check RockAuto.
  4. G

How many K on your explorer and what repairs recently

05 XLT 134K AC/Heat Blend Door Actuator Brakes Fuel Filter Need to repair- Driver seat/seat back cushion and springs, TPS alarm, o2 sensors, oh yeah and a front bumper I've taped up since the ice storm when I slid into a few cars. Anyone know where to get a new bumper(black)?
  5. G

Once again thanks for the great write up and photos. I completed the install last night, I HAVE HEAT AGAIN!! Except only majority of heat or cold for that matter come from the defroster not the vents no matter the setting. What is my next issue to conquer?
  6. G

Great write up, as I started this repair last night. Do you still have the photos of the procedure? They are not available on page one of this thread past the 3A photo. I've removed all the center console and glovebox. Thanks
  7. G

Heater clicking; no heat 2005

It began simple enough with a clicking sound coming from the A/C. First the actuator controlling the vent settings quit, leaving defrost as the only setting that worked. Then the clicking got louder and now the heater quit. I've removed the center console, the instrument panel below the radio...
  8. G

seat foam problems

I am having the same problem with the drivers seat cushion on 05 Explorer XLT with cloth seats. I've pull the cloth as far up as I can and can see that the cushion just ripped and now i am literally leaning on the metal seat frame, not very comfortable. Being i only have 80k miles one would...
Back