Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. SkyJumper

SYNC Problems and the underlying story

Nevermind, Rick beat me to it. :salute:
  2. SkyJumper

Mileage!!!!

Nice :thumbsup: 22 mpg is worth bragging too. Any mods in the future?
  3. SkyJumper

Possible Jeep Recall Could be largest in US History

Well I posted this up in my recall stickie earlier this week Chrysler Recall – Transmission Skid Plate Chrysler has issued a recall of approximately 67,872 Jeep Wrangler vehicles due to a malfunction affecting the transmission skid plate. The skid plate can collect debris which under...
  4. SkyJumper

2000 Expedition Xlt 4x4 140k Miles

WOW, the PO replaced the dash face plate also? If so yes you will need to get that also. Damn, what was the PO trying to accomplish? Something is telling me that there is something more to this story. Did you call the PO and ask if he had this stuff that has been removed?
  5. SkyJumper

No, I would diffinately replace the shaft. The transfer is electronically engaged and the clutch system can and would cause slipping as the front output has no torque spin to carrie with the rear output.
  6. SkyJumper

They did not make a true 4x4 setup with these. They are AWD models, some would take the driveshaft out to see if it saved them fuel mileage since it is engaged all the time. The dial switch reads A4WD, 4H, 4L. So needless to say it does eat fuel more being a AWD system.
  7. SkyJumper

99 Expedition XLT 4x4 build thread

No my shocks are fine even before I swapped out for the 4" lift Rancho's. You may have a worn spring bushing or something of that nature. A good visual will tell alot. But a SAS thread will start as soon as I get somewhere around 90-95% of the parts needed. I have a extra set of great...
  8. SkyJumper

Well I already have my spring buckets and shock mounts and trac bar mounts for the frame and axle. So the Solid axle swap is being pieced together. But it is as any other, a slow process till I can park it and get it done. Much more to buy and plan. :salute:
  9. SkyJumper

Well it looks like it is time for another replacement P/S axle shaft once again as the boot busted again. Damn this is becoming a PITA issue.
  10. SkyJumper

Is it 4x4? If so I would suggest that you get the driveshaft and install it. Being AWD, does not fare well on the x-fer. Also is the switch missing on the dash along with the female pigtail? If all that is missing, then that tells me that there is a issue with either the front axle(s) or R&P or...
  11. SkyJumper

Vibration may just be coing from the crappy tires or out of balanced large diameter rims.
  12. SkyJumper

I bought them on E-Bay and here is a set on there now. Pricing varies, just have to look. I bought mine for $80.00 for all 4 pieces...
  13. SkyJumper

Thanks for the comments. 4k is a pretty good deal if the condition is as the seller states. Make sure you test the rear and front air and heat. The front heater core is a biotch and a broken blend door actuator is common problem, and also the rear core, but the rear core is simpler. Also a...
  14. SkyJumper

Looks to be a good deal. But is it what you would pay that is the question. Ther is a Expedition forum here on this forum site http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179 :salute:
  15. SkyJumper

Power Seat Issues

Let's keep the moderating to the Moderators. And lets keep to the subject title at hand and assist the OP. If we can not do that, then do not post in the OP's thread. Thank you.
  16. SkyJumper

Well the CV axle Gremlin bit me again over the past week. I had to go out and get a new axle for the P/S this time. That makes a total of 3 shaft replacements in the past 3 months due to this TT lift. And keep in mind that I only lifted the front by 1.25" instead of full twist. The boots are at...
  17. SkyJumper

05 f-150 ques.

Look at my diagram, there is 3 slide latch pins holding it in, just pry or pull on the switch plate and the whole assy will come out and then you unplug it.
  18. SkyJumper

Updated pics of the Expedition

This week I should have the tail light metal brush guards in. And then I will work on getting the roof cargo rack and then a moon visor. And then i think I am going to put my emphasis on the front bumper and rear bumper, home built.
  19. SkyJumper

Been off for a while .... My Expedition

I like the EB red, and my color is growing on me as I beginning to put more and more black on it. I think the 2 colors gold and black are starting thime together.
  20. SkyJumper

Thanks guys, it is getting there piece by piece, part by part.
  21. SkyJumper

Where did you buy it? is it accessible at the local auto stores? And glad to have you here for more reasons than before. Looking forward to possibly allowing this forum to grow.
  22. SkyJumper

I am still debating the whole plasti dip think. May get a couple of pieces to try it out on and go from there.
  23. SkyJumper

Small world. I just sent you a msg.
  24. SkyJumper

Newbe here....

Welcome to the forum. There is plenty goin on in here with Rangers and Explorers alike. You will soon feel like this place is a home away from home.
  25. SkyJumper

Wanted new back to forum

:bsnicker:
Back