Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. ModMiFord

Window Side Vents / Deflectors

Sooooo sorry Flyeclair, I have been traveling and have not had much time to spend on the forums. My apologies for the very delayed reply.. Here are some close ups of the front visor, forward side by the mirror.
  2. ModMiFord

5th Gen 2011 - 2013 Ford Explorer Photo Contest Winners!!

Thanks all. There wasn't a bad Ex in the bunch. I loved all of the photos!
  3. ModMiFord

2011+ - 5th Gen Ford Explorer Photo Contest Submissions

:thumbsup::thumbsup: The few, The Proud, The Unique... LOL!
  4. ModMiFord

U-Haul not renting trailers to 5th gen Explorers?

A couple of good links that explain it.... You don’t haul: U-Haul won’t rent a trailer for our 2012 Ford Explorer, or yours either http://news.consumerreports.org/cars/2011/05/you-dont-haul-u-haul-wont-rent-a-trailer-for-our-2012-ford-explorer-or-yours-either.html Why U-Haul won't rent...
  5. ModMiFord

Sync dead?

You can all do it from the website. Some early 2011 builds MUST to go into the dealer but most do not and no 2012s do at all. The only drawback to downloading from syncmyride is you will not have the new map card and thus your navi will be disabled until the SD card comes in the mail. Once it...
  6. ModMiFord

Sync dead?

Here is the scoop on your options: You can wait for the mail pack and do it yourself. You can download it from syncmyride.com onto your own USB, do the update yourself. (You will have no navi until the SD card arrives in the mail though) <--- I did this option. Used my iPhone for navi until...
  7. ModMiFord

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

Sheesh... Hope it works the second time and doesn't rear its's head again for ya. I really want to belive that our time in hell is over for good.... Good luck buddy!
  8. ModMiFord

Sync dead?

TomTomNJ, the upgrade has been out since March 8th. It's on the syncmyride website and at local dealers. Many members here have also gotten it in the mail. My EX has been updated and it works great... Check out this thread where everyone is listing the date they got it and their location...
  9. ModMiFord

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

I had a few quirks in the system after the upgrade. (Bluetooth music wouldn't work, backup camera would stay stuck on forever after reverse, my phone's name was too long and bled over the signal/batt strength icons, etc, etc) Did a master reset via the new MFT menu. Once it ran, I spent some...
  10. ModMiFord

MFT Update extends warranty

I have a 2012 and the letter in my pack says it extends my coverage on the sync unit... I confirmed the installation via syncmyride once completed. I also did the upgarde early via the download. I just didn't "confirm" it until I got my pack and put the SD card in. Note: If you did the upgrade...
  11. ModMiFord

Rearview Camera Problems

AGREED. Smart idea... I had a few quirks in the system after the upgrade. (Bluetooth music wouldn't work, backup camera would stay stuck on forever after reverse, my phone's name was too long and bled over the signal/batt strength icons, etc, etc) Did a master reset via the new MFT menu...
  12. ModMiFord

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

MFT update usb and Navi card received today 3/23. Stamford, CT
  13. ModMiFord

Hitch Comparison

U-Haul seems to be fine and a few forum members have used them. It will cost a bit more as they mark up the hitch equipment and of course you will have labor charges as well. Quality wise, I think your safe with them... You can get an immediate price quote and confirm which locations near you...
  14. ModMiFord

Hitch Comparison

Installed a new Curt hitch. took about 45 minutes total. No cutting or welding and it was a perfect fit. Instructions were spot on. $135.00 total including the wire harness, reciever cap and shipping. Got it through Amazon.com brand new.
  15. ModMiFord

MFT Update on Syncmyride

Everyone with a 2011 seems to be having the same issue. 2012s can do the download fine... Don't know why. :(
  16. ModMiFord

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

I did the update from SyncMyRide and just completed it (minus the navi) about two hours ago. Did some thorough testing, playing and tried my best to jam the system up and I must say, I am floored with the exceptional performance of the MFT now! Ford has nailed it... NOTE: I called my dealer...
  17. ModMiFord

MFT Performance update ipod playback MAJOR improvement!!

If you are willing to deal without your navi until the SD card arrives, I highly recommend downloading the update from the SyncMyRide website and proceeding with the installation. I just completed mine (minus the navi) and I must say, I am floored with the exceptional performance of the MFT now...
  18. ModMiFord

MFT Update on Syncmyride

If you are willing to deal without your navi until the SD card arrives, I highly recommend downloading the update from SyncMyRide and proceeding with the install. I just completed mine (minus the navi) and I must say, I am floored with the exceptional performance of the MFT now! Ford has nailed...
  19. ModMiFord

USB updates are in the mail....

Article in USA Today... "Owners of about the 300,000 of Ford's 2011 and 2012 model vehicles with the MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch will start receiving in the mail this week an extensive upgrade for the troubled infotainment and control system." Link to entire article...
  20. ModMiFord

Reversed Compass Directions?

Haha.. No problem at all buddy. ;)
  21. ModMiFord

Reversed Compass Directions?

Actually, the compass is perfectly correct in the Explorer. There are two main types of compasses. Hope this helps but I'm not great a clearly writing semi-confusing things.. hahaha. 1: The flat compass (you look down at it) where the orientation is as you expect (East and West will always be...
  22. ModMiFord

Media Center Light?

Inside the media tray, rear wall, facing forward.
  23. ModMiFord

Window Side Vents / Deflectors

The front tab goes between the black plastic B pillar cover and the first weatherstrip. Not in the channel itself. It kind of confused me at first as well. Take a look at the photos, hope they help explain it better...
  24. ModMiFord

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

All, Has anyone (of those of us who are having the issue) had any luck finding a solution to the 3rd row interior light working erratically? We have talked about it here and there are a couple of other threads discussing the issue as well. I took my X to the dealership and here is the...
Back