Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Gatortailale

Creaking mirror on drivers side and Ford in denial

My 16 sport driver's side makes same noise, more so in warm summer months. Mostly quiet in winter season.
  2. Gatortailale

My New 2016 Explorer Sport

Looks like mine. :) Congrats on your new ride!
  3. Gatortailale

New 2016 Explorer Sport

That Sport is Nasty! Keep the pics of your ride and mods flowing. :)
  4. Gatortailale

Took my 2016 Explorer Sport home today.

Congrats. I'm up to 2500 plus miles since about August 8. Get out there and drive the sport some more.
  5. Gatortailale

Folding mirrors on lock

My 16 Sport has this option, button in settings in left dash cluster - fold mirrors. No idea if 15 program has option.
  6. Gatortailale

New 16 ExSport

Sweet looking ride. Enjoy the power.
  7. Gatortailale

overspeed warning

Valet mode active on a key fob? Maybe that can be set to limit speed.
  8. Gatortailale

2nd row bucket seats w/ console question

There are a few topics on this floating around http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=431036&highlight=%22center+console%22 http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429598&highlight=%22center+console%22...
  9. Gatortailale

2016 Limited or Sport

My other thought on the park assist is to see if dealer has an Escape or other ford car that has that feature and see if you find it useful. The front camera has 2 views, 2nd is 180 view and may help with her parking.
  10. Gatortailale

2016 Limited or Sport

Good luck with your choice. You don't mention (unless I missed) whether you ordered AWD (4wd) on the Limited or just FWD. The sport comes AWD. May also be a benefit if you live in a 4 season area. I just jumped from a 2013 Limited 2.0 Ecoboost to a 2016 sport. The ride is slightly...
  11. Gatortailale

2016 Platinum

Thread in order status area on Platinum: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=423204&page=7 One person says this:
  12. Gatortailale

My new ride - 2016 Sport

Thanks all - fun to read all the posts here with peeps rides. When I got my 2.0 the 13 Sport was not out yet so never had chance to drive one. At that time I was also more interested in the potential MPG benefit of the 2.0. I put about 53,000 miles on the old one and I always thought the...
  13. Gatortailale

My new ride - 2016 Sport

Made the jump for my 2013 Explorer Limited 2.0 Ecoboost to the 2016 Sport. I did an extended test drive over the weekend (put on 83 miles), and closed the deal last night for $45,987. 3.5 V6 Ecoboost Engine Equipment Group 401A Dual-Panel Moonroof Adapt Cruise/Collision Warning RF Rack...
  14. Gatortailale

Questions 2016 Explorer Sport

On the Sport you can move the 2nd row bucks back and forth about 4" on rails. Believe you can recline as well but didn't pay attention to that. Just picked mine up last night.
  15. Gatortailale

Door handle touch unlock all doors?

I think it is in left instrument cluster under my vehicle, then one on locks.
  16. Gatortailale

2016 Platinum Late Production?

We will see when 1st rolls off line. But since Sync 3 has not been announced by Ford on the Platinum Ex, it would make sense that they would not release it via a pre-build window sticker. Sticker can be updated; they could also build and hold a bit till they are ready to ship and announce...
  17. Gatortailale

2016 Platinum Late Production?

I looked up my old messages from 2012 when I ordered: On April 26, 2012 I got message from Ford Rep. via these forums with VIN and note saying would be build mid May. I was able to find window sticker via website and see that build date via window sticker (available a few days before build)...
  18. Gatortailale

Hi Blwnsmoke, I was looking at the 2016 Ex and had a question on the Limited 2.3 boost 4wd...

Hi Blwnsmoke, I was looking at the 2016 Ex and had a question on the Limited 2.3 boost 4wd with the 303A package - what benefit does the following provide? Would the 3.51 give a better mpg? • P245/50R20 Pirelli™ tires; • 3.51 axle ratio Thanks!
  19. Gatortailale

2016 Explorer engine options ?

51,000 + miles on my 2.0 ecoboost and no issues. heavy city driving in dc area I get around 20, less if I kick in boost at stoplights. on highway I get about 24 @ 74-80. I run premium fuel. plenty of power off the line, plenty at highway speeds, plenty to climb steep hills and motor along at...
  20. Gatortailale

Possible New MFT update - Version 3.7.11

Wife and I picked up a 2014 Fusion hybrid to go along with my Explorer. The MFT in the Fusion also shows it is version Gen2 - V3.6.2 ... and showing it has latest version of software.
  21. Gatortailale

Can you download old updates ?

Sounds like you got a camera unit for non-active-park-assist. Hopefully Rebecca can sort out what you got with CPU info. My limited package does not have park assist so my lines do not curve to show trajectory. The Ex I test drove few years ago had that package and I recall what you are...
  22. Gatortailale

Hi, Hope you can answer a question. I see on your parts for the A5 SD card that the newest...

Hi, Hope you can answer a question. I see on your parts for the A5 SD card that the newest number is: EM5Z-19H449-AA and that is replaced: Em5t-19h449-AA Do you know if the EM5t is/was released as an A5 card? Trying to be cautious about what I buy and think I'm better off buying from...
  23. Gatortailale

Bad News No AppLink for (current) Explorers

If they do push update to owners of 2011-14 then they do they need to make the owners like Sarg & several others on here beta testers so we don't experience the old days of updates and users left with issues prior to latest update. The 3.6.2 update finally solved most of the problems.
  24. Gatortailale

Any news on if Ford will publish a new map card?

I asked back around 12/16/13 and got this response: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398462 No news on any updates. Tagging along for any new news. :)
  25. Gatortailale

Differences in Gas Mileage on Long Trips

Unless you track the gallons you pump each fill via your receipt your method of guessing using fuel gage will not be very accurate. Otherwise, if you are using the gallons tracked via receipt, your post leaves us guessing because you don't list the numbers in it. I believe the Ex has an 18.6...
Back