Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

GPS Module Fails

The same thing happened to my 2012 Ford Explorer. My battery died and I replaced it. After replacing the battery everything was working, but a few days later the GPS stopped working. Now it says 255 satellites on the diagnostic screen. I performed a master reset, but it did not help...
  2. B

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Report the problem to NHSTA If Ford won't do anything about this, file a report with NHSTA (if you're in the states). http://www.nhtsa.gov/
  3. B

1banger's initial assessment seems to make the most sense here. I'm pretty certain the smell is being caused by a crankcase ventilation problem. The smell I'm smelling is blow-by. To summarize the high level problem, leaked blow-by fills up the engine compartment and then when the cabin vents...
  4. B

I just got my Limited 2012 Ford Explorer about a month ago. Same burnt oil smell described by everyone else. I don't need to accelerate hard to reproduce the smell. The cabin vents blow the toxic smelling fumes right into the cabin. It actually smells worse to me than having my face directly...
Back